• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydrox reveiw
I decided to clean our white bedroom carpet today. We have eight dogs ( I know sick crazy dog lovers ) I vacuumed with our Shark Vacuum cleaner , sprayed Hydrox and let it dwell for ten minutes, used my Oreck Orbitor and went to town it it. I must admit how impressed I was with the results, stains are still there ( Didn't use any kind of stain treatment ) but it looks great. My wife said that it looked better then when I clean with my VonSchrader LMX or my Rotovac 360I. Rick, I'll be placing a good size order soon. Still leaning towards a OP machine but have not decided which one yet. It's between the Orbot and the Trinity because I like that they both offer so many different kinds of applications. Any thought's , feel free to chime in.
Thanks for the review. Glad to hear that you liked it Smile

I will let others chime in on the Orbot vs Trinity. Anything I say would sound biased (and in fact it is).
Mike, if I were considering buying an orbot or a trinity I would buy 2 Oreck lowboys for the same money.
The Oreck will give you the same results on carpet as either of the other machines.
Add the wheel kit and a shower feed tank to one of them and you have a commercial workhorse that would probably enable you to clean 1500-2000 sq ft per hour
Just my 2 cents.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Crb+lowboy with wheel kit.....exceptional results
Will you be using it for more than just carpet?

If so, then the Orbot.

If not, then the Lowboy and a CRB.

PS -

Rick, what is the head weight on the Lowboy?

Also, did I read something a while back about you maybe adding an on board sprayer to it?
(08-12-2013, 12:05 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Rick, what is the head weight on the Lowboy?

Also, did I read something a while back about you maybe adding an on board sprayer to it?

The LowBoy's actual head weight is over 60 pounds.

Yes we are still putting the final touches on the spray system for the LowBoy.
My hopes are to use it to also clean tile , concrete , and wood floors. There is a company called Eco-Pure that uses the Orbot and he uses his to clean wood floors, at least I think he does I was going to call him today. Thanks for the input !

I also use a Certified Pile Lifter before we vacuum, I would think that I would not need a CRB if I am using it.
Really cant go wrong with either one, just pick one and go!

Personally I love my Orbot and always get compliments.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
I would do a search on Mikey's board about a guy that bought a Trinity and the issues he had before I made up my mind.
The Company I buy from services and support are critical to my business so I would absolutely go with the Orbot
(08-12-2013, 07:00 AM)MikeHabib Wrote: My hopes are to use it to also clean tile , concrete , and wood floors. There is a company called Eco-Pure that uses the Orbot and he uses his to clean wood floors, at least I think he does I was going to call him today. Thanks for the input !

The Low Boy was actually designed for sanding wood floors. It has 2 vacuum ports. And a vacuum can be attached. It is a great machine for wood.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman
Hey Mike,

I thought I'd also add some thoughts about how to address those urine stains more effectively.

First of all, pet urine can be a challenge because the animal's urine can be affected by their diet, medications, colorings in their food, age and overall health of the pet, etc. Also the length of time that the urine stain has been on the fiber, as well as the condition and type of the fiber also factor into the equation. So there are a variety of conditions that can affect a urine stain. Sometimes they can be tenacious!

Yet most urine stains can be acceptably reduced or possibly eliminated (it's best to "under-promise"). The most affective product for urine stains is CTI's Stain Magic. Another excellent approach would be to treat the stain with Encap-HydrOx, mixed 1:3 with hot water. Or you can coax Encap-HydrOx into mimicking Stain Magic by first treating the carpet with the 1:3 mixture above, followed by blotting the spot with Encap-Spot. This approach works extremely well for treating urine stains, as well as other stubborn organic stains such as coffee and red wine.

I'd also like to recommend that organic nasties such as urine, vomit, blood, poop, etc. should all be flushed HEAVILY. Cleaning with pad/bonnet/encap/foam/shampoo is NOT sufficient to remove the bio-contaminants from the carpet. In fact, if the situation is bad enough - the pad should even be pulled and replaced, the under-floor should be sealed, and possibly the carpet will need to be replaced. This is simply a matter of health that I'm referring to. I want to stress this, because if we fail to address the health issues and someone gets sick, the fallout could be devastating to your business.

A basic spotting extractor like the Gecko can be extremely useful for flushing spots in the carpet. http://www.excellent-supply.com/Gecko-Sp...p_249.html

I hope this little overview on urine is helpful. If I can assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me.
I'd lean towards the Low Boy with wheel kit for the money. I have an Orbot, love it, not a single problem with it for 5 years. But boy they got expensive.

I've never used a Trinity. They may work great, but my personal opinion is that their appearance screams "homemade" and I just think the name is silly. Especially for what they're asking for them.

My next machines are going to be the Low Boys. Great job on those Rick! I need to land a few more commercial accounts and I'm in. I just spent my extra pennies on a van.
FWIW my Trinity makes me money and I work it to death- I get many compliments from mine, it is a beast. the 3 speeds and power on tap make for an amazing package. they are now $5000.00 and although I believe it to be superior to the lowboy, I would not hesitate to buy a lowboy if Trinity was not an option. The Trinity CM gets a bad rap because of the outspoken nature of the Trinity company owner, it is solid and powerful, I am picky and like the way mine looks.
Rick , Thanks for the advice. This is the first chance that I have had to look at the board. When I have the $$ saved up, I'll give the Lowboy a look. I want something that can do carpet, as well as tile, concrete , etc. Thanks !
I have my orbot, I bought it from Rick's company and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for a trinity. John is not a customer service friendly person from what I hear. Rick's staff is awesome! They will do what ever it takes to help you. JMO! If I'm in the market for a new machine Excellent Supply would be my first choice.