• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpet Squares
I'm going to pitch a retail chain that uses carpet squares.

The store manager tells me they send out squares ever so often to replace the worst, but I've not seen it in a year and, of course, all the squares are dirty.

Of the big black stains, one will often cover parts of 3 or 4 squares.

Bottom line, anyone experienced on bidding floors using squares? Any strategies to counter the 'we send out replacements' line? Any idea what a corporation may be paying to buy and ship replacement squares, vs. a 9 or 10 cent/sft bid?

I was thinking in my e-mail submission I'd send the corporate guy several pictures of his own local store, which is really bad, and say "I can fix this" and go from there.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks
(08-12-2013, 01:59 PM)drytouch Wrote: I was thinking in my e-mail submission I'd send the corporate guy several pictures of his own local store, which is really bad, and say "I can fix this" and go from there.

No mystery here. Encap it with Encap-Clean DS2. If you're using a Cimex, you can get great results without worrying about dislodging any loose tiles - since the planetary action won't disrupt the tiles. So in reality, the job will be a piece of cake. Bid it higher than .9 - .10, unless the store is really BIG. These days the going price should fall more in line with .15 per sq ft.

I really like your idea... I'd send the corporate guy several pictures of his own local store, which is really bad, and say "I can fix this"

In fact I would offer to clean a section of the trashed carpet so he can see just how good the carpet can look.
Thanks for the advice, Rick

I was indeed going to offer a demo with pictures. I'm doing that for every corporate I pitch.

I'm looking at 9 to 10 cents for the Coat Factory type stores, ca. 25,000 sft (they said, oh, it's a lost cause, I said let me do a demo, which I'm trying to get approved now via corporate--any advice?)

I watched your 'Gatekeeper' video.

I think I gave the store manager a ray of hope!

So I'll take your pricing advice for the smaller stores. I doubt they could replace 50 tiles cheaper, and what they didn't replace would still look bad.
well advice rick. Thanks