• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreclosures
I'm going to spend a few days with a fellow who does the 'broom cleaning' for foreclosures and evictions.

Mainly, I'm interested in the contact part of the process.

Those of your who do lots of foreclosures, do you contact foreclosure departments at banks directly, do you go thru realtors, or what?

I want to do the initial cleaning, then get the floor work that inevitably has to be done as well.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
Lots of luck to you! Most of that work out my way is taken up by national companies(someone sitting in there home office) that wants subcontractors to do the work while they rack in the profits...
Thanks for the reply Rob; its amazing how much crummy work gets funneled thru the corporate chains.

But this fellow I'm connecting with seemed to think we could sell floor work to his contacts, so we'll see.

Anybody had a different experience?
You need to go to Real Estate offices and find out how sells a ton of them. They will point you in the right direction.
Most times you have to deal with RE offices who have property managers. They will want you to do the entire job not pieces. You would have to find subs yourself. Also expect to get paid in about 60 days from what I've run into. So have some equipment and money to start to cover your costs. JMO
Thanks for the advice guys.

We worked together today on a couple of the 'initial' cleanouts, brokered to us for banks thru a home service company and we're preparing some upsale proposals based on my survey of what the houses need.

We'll see if the banks go for it.

I do a lot of dry vapor steam (tile, wood floors, cabinets, granite, etc) as well as VLM carpet.

I'll let you know.
Some RE managers and Banks have a list of what they pay for each part of the jobs, try and get that list from someone then you'll know exactly what they are willing to pay. JMO. They'll want you to change locks, cut grass board up windows etc. Be prepared.
Nick is right.

I do a ton of foreclosures here. My buddy (contractor/investor) is in with all the local RE offices and gets most of the "flips". Politics if you ask me....

Once his guys go in and haul all the junk away, he calls me to do the carpet, tile, and windows. He pays bare minimum but the volume of work makes up for it.

Good Luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
Can someone explain how volume make up for bare min pricing?
If you are doing a job for bar min say $75 a hour and you to ten hours of that work

how does it make up for not doing 10 hours of say $120 work?
I get if you do not have the work flow and need to keep moving but I never seemed to figure out how loosing money at a large scale made up for anything up idle time
(08-17-2013, 08:55 PM)David-Hebert Wrote: Can someone explain how volume make up for bare min pricing?
If you are doing a job for bar min say $75 a hour and you to ten hours of that work

how does it make up for not doing 10 hours of say $120 work?
I get if you do not have the work flow and need to keep moving but I never seemed to figure out how loosing money at a large scale made up for anything up idle time

Pretty easy.....

It's like having a whole motel to do? Instead of doing 1-2 rooms at a high price, instead you are doing 20-30 rooms at a discounted price? Hence volume.

So let's say I chose to clean the 2 rooms at $30/ea....that would equal $60 total. Instead, I would rather do all 30 rooms at $20/ea (discounted price) and bring in $600? Believe it or not, $10/room will make or break deals.

Except here we're dealing with foreclosures, which the prices are a little higher.

I have steady work flow, but will discount for volume work. Just works for my biz...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
I get the 30 room picture if I can do all at the same time Hello no brainier
you are there and all set up to go, it makes great business sense

I Look at it this way I can do a business or home for the going rate let say 100 to make life easy, or take the bare minimum of $75. both take the same amount of time to set up and break down. Do 20 places a week just to make is simple, lost $500 for that week by doing bare minimum work by the end of the year that is 24,000 per van lost.

I know everyone's business model is different and do what works for them
my model says give sq ft per job discounts, we are there and can chew up a lot of sq ft per hour, but not total volume of work flow discounts, it just kills my fixed expenses