• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Orbot is now the Windsor TAZ
http://www.windsorind.com/ViewCategories.aspx?Pid=1528

And we say goodbye to an old friend.
The more things change, the more they stay the same........
One door closes, another opens.

Just like customers, don't be disgruntled by those jobs you can't get, there's plenty of fish in the ocean, & millions of cubic yards of carpet to be found elsewhere that can be cleaned with other equipment.

Goodbye old "Bot".Sad

Well, HELLO Oreck Low Boy. SmileSmileSmileSmile Big Grin

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I saw a clip that Windsor put out a couple of days ago.

'Orb' technology.

They changed the front handle twist knobs (again). Also, from what I have seen it looks like the weight kit is being sold as a 20 pound per side accessory. If this is in fact correct then the weight kit - and the machine as a whole - lost a lot of value, in my opinion.

The fact that it has a new name and accessory changes makes me wonder if the machine patent/technology wasn't sold outright? Also, I am most curious to know if the machine will continue to be made here in the U.S. or will it be mass produced overseas?
I thought the presentation was really poor marketing for an expensive machine. I was also bothered by the use of the misleading misuse of the word 'Orb' rather than the actual description of random orbital. It looks like a marketing plan that someone put together on a cell phone and couldn't be bothered to use the entire word.

They may not actually *know* how much the machine weighs or how much the weights weigh. The video states that the machine weighs 82 pounds, but they were doing a demo with what was the spray borg - that weighs 102 without a three gallon tank.

I'm glad I purchased from Excellent Supply when I did.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
i wonder if we will still be able to order parts/accessories for our Orbots from HOS???
I am sure that won't be a problem. HOS is still in business and they're still involved.
Walter O'Malley, Horace Stoneham, Art Modell and now Jeff Hruby
Is the price still the same as well as the quality?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Orbot with srayborg sounds much cooler. What is a TAZ? One thing I am happy about is that the machine is in much better hands at Windsor. IMO. The company has been around for a long time and will hopefully improve on the machines design (there are several design flaws: the handle latch assembly is very weak, the solution line to the spray heads is a major snag, the pad driver is barely adequate, just to name a few) Windsor no doubt has the engineers and resources to fix some of these problems.
I don't know if Windsor is planning to rework the machine. It's my impression that HOS will still be building them for Windsor.
Go figure that I will be buying one in just a few weeks (along with a new CRB from excellent supply). Slightly concerned. I doubt the improvements will be in place by then as well as I hope it won't have cheaper materials used to make them.
[Image: Tazthetasmaniandevil_zpsb243be1b.jpg]

This is a Taz. And check out his orb action!!
ps. I believe the name is trademarked by Warner Bros.
Of course! Now it all makes sense. I think a lot of people might miss the point unless they put a picture of the devil on it. Im wondering if hos will continue to sell the orbot sprayborg and allow Windsor to simply rebrand it. We see this in many of the cleaning machines on the market.
This is Taz...........

[Image: Tasmania_zpscdc19879.png]

Many people that live on the mainland equate Tasmanian's to those fictitious, toothless back-woods people from Deliverance.

Many are skeered ta go thaar, case they never returns or bees abducted into tha hillbileee so sci ett eee. Confused

Oops sorry, just been talking with someone who was lucky to survive a trip down there, and his speech has rubbed off'n me.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........