• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Orbot is now the Windsor TAZ
I had a couple of issues with my first machine that HOS helped take care of. They were very helpful in fact.

The handle latch has been modified twice now. The original clips, like you mentioned, were horrible. The turn knobs that they've been using up until recently are a lot better (I only broke one of them and still have a spare), the new ball latch that I've seen looks fantastic.

The one thing I don't like at all about the Orbot/TAZ is changing the drive plate. If you want to switch from Velcro to the tile and grout brush it's a real drag.

(09-01-2013, 04:27 PM)ebarnett Wrote: Orbot with srayborg sounds much cooler. What is a TAZ? One thing I am happy about is that the machine is in much better hands at Windsor. IMO. The company has been around for a long time and will hopefully improve on the machines design (there are several design flaws: the handle latch assembly is very weak, the solution line to the spray heads is a major snag, the pad driver is barely adequate, just to name a few) Windsor no doubt has the engineers and resources to fix some of these problems.
Actually it is the new handles that are a problem. They took a threaded bolt and drilled a hole through it where it attaches to the latch. The hole through the bolt left about a 1/16" on either side (especially narrow at the inner most part of the threads) any jar - especially down steps, caused the bolt to nap like a twig. Hos has since corrected the problem by using a bolt that is not threaded at the bottom where the hole is drilled through- allowing for more metal on either side of the hole and so stronger.

Right now i have 2 of the weak latches and am hoping that hos will give me a set of the new latches (a recall if you will).

(09-05-2013, 01:47 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: I had a couple of issues with my first machine that HOS helped take care of. They were very helpful in fact.

The handle latch has been modified twice now. The original clips, like you mentioned, were horrible. The turn knobs that they've been using up until recently are a lot better (I only broke one of them and still have a spare), the new ball latch that I've seen looks fantastic.

The one thing I don't like at all about the Orbot/TAZ is changing the drive plate. If you want to switch from Velcro to the tile and grout brush it's a real drag.

(09-01-2013, 04:27 PM)ebarnett Wrote: Orbot with srayborg sounds much cooler. What is a TAZ? One thing I am happy about is that the machine is in much better hands at Windsor. IMO. The company has been around for a long time and will hopefully improve on the machines design (there are several design flaws: the handle latch assembly is very weak, the solution line to the spray heads is a major snag, the pad driver is barely adequate, just to name a few) Windsor no doubt has the engineers and resources to fix some of these problems.
Ok, then you never used the original snap clips.

They were a nightmare.

I just hope it isn't like the ProCaps machine...Windsor really goofed on that one, IMO!
Interesting. I've tried 2-3 times since Rick posted this to get pricing on the TAZ. I have yet to receive a response. Ordered my LowBoy yesterday!