• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ramp for Ford Transit Connect
(08-31-2013, 10:17 PM)encapman Wrote: In addition to Excellent Supply - we still run our old faithful commercial carpet cleaning business too (where it all began) www.KleenStep.com. We have a Transit van, which we love by the way. The ramp we use is the 63" Link ramp. It's PERFECT for the Transit. Here's the link... http://www.excellent-supply.com/Link-Alu..._p_14.html

Hey Rick, what equipment, and how much other "stuff" do you haul around in your Transit? Care to show a pic of how you have the interior set up? Thanks!
I'm not at the office right now so I can't take a shot of the van's interior. But here's what's typically inside the van on most days... One Cimex, one X-Vac, and a rolling cart with buckets and whatnot. There are also a few boxes of FiberPlus pads. There's also an Oreck Orbiter stashed in the corner. There's a chemical jug shelf on each wall. And there's a safety bulkhead separating the back from the front. There's a ramp. And there's a Zebra Brush and a Drill Driver set up. That's about it.

When we need to do a large upholstery job or perform HWE we'll toss in an extractor. When we need to do floor care, we'll load floor care equipment. We also service a monthly account in a large office building where we vacuum with a BackPack vacuum, and at that point we'll toss in the ProTeam. And sometimes we'll have a large job that requires multiple machines, so we'll load a couple of extra scrubbers for those jobs.

As you can see, our normal layout is pretty basic - traveling light. But when the jobs call for additional stuff there's still enough room to add some extra pieces. Works for us.
Yep I can easily fit a 20"-24" battery scrubber alongside a 21" burnisher for VCT service work. When doing carpet or tile and grout, all my machines easily fit. Even stripping VCT I can fit 24" strip machine, scrubber, barrels, chemicals, blowers, etc. And have been able to do fairly large jobs. Where it becomes a little small is stripping large vct , where we need a lot of chemical, extra blowers, larger strip machine, etc. Also it is too small when you have multiple tasks: ex. Need to do carpet and tile work at same job.

That being said, its important to be creative with the space you have as it is considerably less than in a full size van.
Thank you gentlemen. All of this info has been very helpful to me. Just bought a new Transit. Time to set it up!
I am using a folding ATV ramp for my Dodge Ram Van 1500 - specifically ~ Lund 602004 Bi-Fold 69" Loading Ramp, 1500-Pound Capacity. It slides and stores underneath my Rubbermaid supply cart and a small shelf I built behind the cart. Sort of heavy, sort of awkward - but very strong.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
Bought the ramp that Rick recommended. It's perfect for our needs. Rick-Positive review left on ES website.
Thanks for the nice review! Glad to hear that you liked it. I love Link Ramps too. Very professional, and perfectly functional. Enjoy!

Rick Gelinas - The Encapman
www.Excellent-Supply.com / Releasit