• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOT CARPET CLEANING
Way back in March of '80, I spent a very pleasurable week-end at the south rim of the Grand Canyon during my 11 week trip around the 'states and Mexico.

Found an old card which was a memento of my visit there.

Last time I was there, about 1004, I couldn't find the joint.

Very fond memories of that trip, came back with over 4,000 slides.

[Image: GrandCanyonVerkamps003_zps6400aa22.jpg]

[Image: GrandCanyonVerkamps002_zps1e26dbe1.jpg]

Just reminiscing........................

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Never been out west but planning a Chevy chase type vacation to go out that way when my oldest graduate's...

I found a article about your souvenir shop on google I tried to get link but I'm an idiot with the new phone...it said the family never reapplied for a concession license in 2008 and turned the building over and it is now a welcome information type center.....alot of interesting history came with that family business....
(09-01-2013, 04:53 AM)Shorty Wrote: Last time I was there, about 1004, I couldn't find the joint.

Man Shorty - you are OLD. If you were there in 1004 that may explain why you couldn't find the place. Wink
Shorty Wrote: Last time I was there, about 1004, I couldn't find the joint.

Man Shorty - you are OLD. If you were there in 1004 that may explain why you couldn't find the place.

Blush Told ya I was ancient Big Grin

That was the year you first met Delia, When I waltzed Big Yella around the carpet in the Riviera.

Does 2004 sound better Blush

Idea (I'll pull a Presidential blooper and blame my typist) Tongue

Rob, now you make me wonder, with you guys driving on the wrong side of the road, maybe I was on the north rim?? Big Grin

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Yeah 2004 does sound about right for that first time we met in Vegas. Could've been 2003. Still recall it fondly when I got to meet the message board legend from Oz Smile
Yeah, 2003, like Quasimodo, it rings a bell. ;-)

After your email, I had a little thought about something. :-)

Only a little one though, just like this lizard.

Bear in mind Rick, this is next door to our showgrounds, on the main road which becomes the Bruce Highway to Brisbane.

Less than half a mile from the Cairns CBD.

http://tools.cairns.com.au/photo_gallery/photo_gallery_popup.php?category_id=14685&offset=0

Short 1