• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicles used?
In really considered a Transit but it was just too small for my needs. I opted to keep my e250.

If I ever buy another then it will definitely be a sprinter van. Diesel and the amount of room are the main reasons I would buy that van. Since I am mostly VLM and use a ETM, it just makes sense for my needs.
Sounds like a good buy Patrick.

I drive a Ford Econovan which is a short wheelbase van (not sure if that's the name for it in the US), it's been great but I think next year may see me upgrade.

Cheers

Jamie
Bought an HHR today. 2006 with 75k miles. 7800 out the door. Good buy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 now Free
(10-07-2013, 11:21 PM)Patrick Wrote: Bought an HHR today. 2006 with 75k miles. 7800 out the door. Good buy.

Nice! Be sure and post pics of the interior/exterior once you get it up and running.
Sideways?

Attached Files Image(s)

Lefty, few insights on the Sprinter vans:
We run 3 of them now in a different business that does deliveries in two states. We run a lot of miles. The Sprinters are great for that. The older models had the inline 5 cylinder motor got us around 22 mpg, but rusted like crazy and were pretty loud. The newer models we have now with the V6 motor we are getting around 16 to 17 mpg and are much more comfortable . We run the longest models with the added height.

With the diesel motors we change the oil every 10,000 miles and every time they go in it is between 1,500 to 2,000 for the service and misc repairs. The fuel filter is like $180 its self (rip off)

In the carpet business I run a few Astro vans, Great size for VLM, and a Chevy 2500 express (gas motor) The Express van is so much less expensive to maintain, and on the highway I can get almost 16 mpg.

The Chevy will not run as many overall miles or have as much room as the sprinter but if I was just using it for in town running I would stay away from a diesel. JM2C

Now if you could find a sprinter w a gas motor, that would be cool.

In 2015 ford is bring a larger Transit to the market
http://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/transit/

Wow that was long Undecided
  Reply   Purge Spammer
all VLM here. just sold my '99 extended 1 ton GMC van and bought a '13 extended 3/4 ton Chevy van. i like the larger trucks and i make use of and need all the extra space. getting wrapped this week, nice & large billboard w/ bad gas mileage...just under 16 mpg Big Grin