• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicles used?
Now this is not for the hwe guys with truckmounts, but for the encap guys. Since you do not need a heavy duty truck to haul all of that heavy equipment, I am wondering what kind of vehicle you use? Mini van? SUV? Station wagon?
Transit Connect
Transit Connect
Chevy suburban ( third seat removed )

Sent from my iPhone
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Ford Escape with a 5x8 trailer when needed...I used Chevy 1 tons for over 10 years 8-10 miles a gallon .ugh...now 18-20mpg yippee
The Transit Connect is rated...
21 mpg city
27 mpg highway

Beats the heck out of our old Chevy Express vans and our box truck.
I would love to get a Connect but I am just starting out and the funds will not allow such a purchase. Now in a few years when the used ones come down in price then I shall see. I am shopping for a vehicle now.
OK - then the best deal I know for a (VLM equipment hauling) used van would be to check out a used Chevy Astro van. Look for one that's in GOOD condition. If it has a lot of miles or if it's been beaten on - pass. But if it's in good shape, these can sometimes be a fairly decent service vehicle. Best of all, they're not terribly expensive.
I am looking at those as well as a Dodge caravan cargo. Or even a hearse? haha.
I will beat the dirt in your carpet to death!! (good slogan for the vehicle)
I would even go to a suv. Ford escape like Rob.
I use my daily driver a jeep with a 4x6 trailor. But I only do accounts I've been doing for 8 years. It works out great. I carry a BIG US Products porty with t&g tools, cimex, a cart with all my juices
and spotters , pads, small uph machine, buckets, ramp. Works out great easy to store and haul.
Grand Caravan for now. Really like the 2014 Ford Transit!
Dodge Caravan C/V is what I use.

It's a mini cargo van. Does a great job, it's no Transit, but it's reliable and gets food mileage.

One drawback though is that despite the fact that it has actual exterior panels and a true cargo area, it still kind of looks like a regular mini van. Because of this you'll want to get it lettered/wrapped. Also, you would have difficulty getting a Cimex to stand up in there.
I saw a good 2006 dodge caravan cv for around 9k. Only has over 12k miles. High on my list. I will not be getting a mex for quite awhile. The transports are awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Patrick, the Astro cargo van is a great vehicle IF you can find a good one
They are usually beat up pretty bad by the time service companies get rid of them though. That is why I would look for a nice well maintained Chevy Venture or Pontiac Montana van. They are roomy with seats removed and get 28 - 30 mph on the highway. Mist have dual side sliding doors for easy access too. A lot of older folks own these and take great care of them before finally trading up.
If you can find a white one, even better!
It can be lettered to look very professional.
Now if I could just get my mom to give her white one up!

Sent from my iPhone

Oh I left the best part out. The 2000 -2003 or so models can be bought for under 3,000 in most cases and if they have good service records (look for head gasket replacement ) they are fairly trouble free.

Sent from my iPhone
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
my vlm vehicle is also a Caravan 05'

after using it I would say get a grand for the extra length as I am definitely finding it too small now.

I am heavily considering a express with the 4.3 v6 now...Few guys I have chatted with are getting surprisingly good mpg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJlc03VFmFY