• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Grooms?
Who grooms the carpet after using their cimex?

Do you groom only when there is swirl marks? Or do you provide an after clean groom every time as part of your service?

Which carpet groomer do you prefer to use?

Thanks,
Ned.
Under-Promise, Over-Deliver.
Hi Ned & welcome.

Depending on the pile makes my decision.

I use the Grandi Groom Carpet Grooming Rake & Grooming Brush Combo.

The brush for cut pile (plush carpets).

The rake for stubborn or matted areas.

Also use the rake to agitate sometimes.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks Shorty,

I do like the look of the Grandi Combo. Recommend a good supplier in Oz for this product? Enquired with Powerclean but they never bothered to get back to me, think he said they didnt have the combo anyway.

Thanking you
Ned.
I groom every day...
I shower, shave, brush my teeth, and brush my remaining hair. Wink

But as a rule, we never groom carpet following the Cimex.
We do you live Ned??

Short 1

PS::: Rick, tsk; tsk; tsk; Be careful NOT to split hairs over this. ;-)
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Haha Rick you do look quite presentable in your pics and videos It must be said!

Really? No grooming after "mexing"? What about the swirls?

Shorty,

I share with you the greatest State in the land of Oz- the Land of Queens!
The Cimex swirls disappear within a few days of normal foot traffic and vacuuming. It's never been an issue for us.
Rick, I hope you're using a horse hair brush on that remaining hair. It must be treated delicately. Personally, I gave up a few years ago in favor of the razor and wash cloth method. Smile
My wife likes it...what can I say.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I've got a gaping scar on the back of my head that'd look awful if I ever shaved my head. Don't want to scare the women and children. We can't all have pretty looking heads like you and Shorty.
Actually I have quite the train wreck misshaped head. I always wondered how I could lose my hair AND have a weird head. Come on now!?
Well it all builds strength and character.
Mike Becker
Re the swirls, many moons back when people asked about them I'd say something like this.

"When the carpet is steam cleaned, you end up with triangular lines in the carpet, right"?

They'd usually say............ "Yeeees".

"Well, this is just a different pattern which shows that all sides of each carpet fibre (fiber Big Grin ), have been scrubbed clean, something I could not always do with steam cleaning.

So in fact what you have is cleaner carpet with a different pattern, but if it concerns you, I'll rake the carpet and put straight or brushed lines into it".

I've never had one COMMERCIAL customer query this apart from the Flight Centre stores when they had the old plush pile carpet, which I would swing the 'Mex; on and leave a scalloped pattern on the carpet that they loved.

One store still does have this and I get complemented on it each time it's done.

Oz lingo is different to Yank talk, Big Grin & most times you guys don't understand what I say, so I've tried to simplify it for you. Tongue

I shan't enter into the:

Chrome-dome

Mudguard - All shiny on top & full of **** underneath

Solar panel for a *** machine

etc; etc; debate Tongue

My true love loves me the way I am.

(Maybe it's because she's in New York & I'm in Cairns) ?

Big Grin Short 1
I definitely groom if there are patterns left eg: in a cut pile carpet. I personally think a nicely groomed carpet looks far superior to a carpet with marks in it. I think Shorty is right in saying some people really like it but I'm not sure it's the majority. I personally wouldn't like it and that's why I groom.

Cheers

Jamie
On a residential thick cut pile carpet I usually groom or post vac to leave a uniform pattern of some sort. I have also been known to just leave the swirls. I really haven't had any negative comments if I don't groom but personally I think the groom marks look good.

Sent from my iPhone
Mike Becker
I'm with Rick on this one! In our area, people both residentially and commercially like the swirls; it shows they've just had their carpets cleaned. Years ago, I believed what the IICRC instructor said (always post groom), and shortly after that class, I had a nice little old lady almost break my arm for grooming out the marks! So I stopped immediately. I have pretty unimpressive arms, but I prefer them unbroken Smile

Perhaps on some wool wall to wall it might be different, and we always post groom all oriental rugs...
We groom. It only took one complaint for us to take a little extra time to rake it out.