• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRB or no CRB that is the question.
Ok. Here it goes. I am getting an orbot this week. My line of thinking was to use a crb, vacuum, then clean with the sprayborg. The question is, before I pull the trigger and buy the CRB Is it necessary? I did buy a top of the line vacuum cleaner. A Sebo 370 comfort. It has 80 lbs of water lift. Any and all comments will be appreciated. Thanks.
For residential a CRB is a great companion to any 175 or OP. I would not use the CRB as a stand alone in residential.

I suggest running the CRB then vacuum and spray, dwell and pad.

For commercial? Standard CRB's do not compete with the Cimex, Orbot, Lowboy, dual speed rotary, etc.

Just my opinion.
In my opinion, having used a crb for 6 months or so along with my OP, it is not a necessary item when OP cleaning but it's nice to have and does pull up a lot of stuff that even a great vac can't. I use a commercial Electrolux upright and crb still pulls out more after a good vac.
If you have the money it's nice to have but not really a must have. OP pulls up a LOT on its own.

Sent from my iPhone
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Thanks guys. Does a lot come out of the carpets with crb?
In most instances it's much more than you'd imagine.
Sofy bristles or the standard ones?
I'd be using the the soft ones.

On my particular CRB, the stiffer ones tend to be a bit aggressive.

I rarely use the stiffer brushes, even on tile & grout.

Re; using the CRB after vaccing; and pulling more out, I remember years back when if someone had HWE a carpet, them someone else could come along and still get more dirt out.

Then again........

And again........

It seemed to be a never ending story, I can get more out than you, ( I'm better/bigger than you type syndrome).

Do the best possible job you can that YOU will be happy with whilst still maintaining a healthy profit & try to under-promise but over deliver. Wink

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Alot of the work I already have lined up are friends. I would really want to do a great job because referrals from them will pay off greatly.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
(09-18-2013, 04:35 PM)Shorty Wrote: I'd be using the the soft ones.

On my particular CRB, the stiffer ones tend to be a bit aggressive.

I rarely use the stiffer brushes, even on tile & grout.

Re; using the CRB after vaccing; and pulling more out, I remember years back when if someone had HWE a carpet, them someone else could come along and still get more dirt out.

Then again........

And again........

It seemed to be a never ending story, I can get more out than you, ( I'm better/bigger than you type syndrome).

Do the best possible job you can that YOU will be happy with whilst still maintaining a healthy profit & try to under-promise but over deliver. Wink

WORDS OF WISDOM
Just so we're all on the same page....we should only be using soft brushes on residential carpet?

I use the medium brushes - as suggested - is this the wrong thing to do?
I agree with MikeB on this one. The CRB is a nice tool, but your good vac and Orbot will be more than sufficient for nearly every residential job. Instead of purchasing the CRB, a better move might be to take the money and buy a Cimex. The Cimex is great on mny things- commercial carpet, tile and grout (with grout brushes) Vct stripping (with strip brushes) also you would then have a second macine for large commercial jobs when you need a helper.
I use medium brushes ...never had issues...my crb is my biggest asset..jmo
The soft brushes should be sufficient for residential carpet, and a good portion of commercial carpet.
Ok, so we should not be using medium brushes on residential?

Now we need to order soft brushes?

What application are medium brushes best suited for then?
Soft is for residential.

Medium is for commercial carpet.
(Can also be used on durable residential such as berber)

Stiff is for tile & grout, or ribbed entry mats.