• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRB or no CRB that is the question.
ahh so some of y'all are CRB before vac'ing? i would think the brush rolls are going to get jammed up with hair REAL quick.

how will you clean them? scissors seems the only way possible ??
We own several CRB machines and we clean the machines and the brushes without removing the brushes from the machine. Here is how; get a piece of scrap cut pile carpet 3'x3' or 4'x4' lay it on your driveway and take a garden hose and lay it down on the lower edge spraying onto the carpet. As the hose is running onto the carpet, take the CRB while running and act as though you were cleaning that piece of carpet. About 2 minutes and Presto you have a clean machine and brushes. When done, set the machine in the carrier while drying. Hey, it works for us.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
yea i have seen that youtube video by George Valliant. but that wont remove all the hair, especially if you are using it before a pre-vac. just wondering what some are doing. i've used scissors on my vacuum's brush roll before...i might have to do the same thing i reckon.
I totally agree with you Derek about using a CRB prior to vaccing and dealing with hair. Like you I use scissors to chop it off my vac roll. I imagine it would be a lot harder on a CRB.

To clarify, I dont have a CRB but I do really want to get one. But the other issue I have with using a CRB prior to vaccing is the amount of dust you are stirring up. My vac has filters and a hepa filter to ensure removal of fine dust and when you look inside the vac bag, it boggles my mind how fine the dust actually is. If you were to CRB first this dust is never going to be trapped adequately and will be propelled into the air only to settle back once you've left the property, which in my mind defeats the purpose of being there in the first place.

Regarding hair in a CRB here's a pic of my vac roll after just vacuuming a small l lounge room a while back. It certainly didnt look that bad before I started but I didnt get down on my hands and knees to check it out prior to starting either.

And people are surprised why I want to vacuum their house when they say they did it before I got there. I should show them this pic.

[Image: a4d554f05a8a58cb89d8f945a5d8df11_zpse6cb5431.jpg]
I have a Certiified Pile Lifter and a LowBoy. I have a car buffer with pads for steps. IMO, that's all you need for resi carpet. My BrushPro pulls all kinds of stuff up that stays on top of the carpet and doesn't go into the restoration trays. So the Pile lifter does both in one step and I believe it may draw deeper than anything out there. When you use both Pile lifter/Lowboy I think your doing everything possible to restore the carpet pile.
Crb purchased. Pulled the trigger.

Sent from my SPH-L900
Good onya Patrick. I'm getting very close to pulling that trigger myself.

What CRB did you end up getting? Let us know what you think about it, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Cheers mate

Jamie
Tmx 4. Just got it out of the box. Pretty sweet! Haven't used it on a carpet yet. On vacation in anorher state at the time.

Sent from my SPH-L900