• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex Delivery System
Over the last two weeks been flat out with my Cimex and new to the UK DS 2, coupled with Fibreplus pads.
Love the machine and Releasit.

However my only gripe is getting a consistent feed and even distribution of encap, find I am often putting to much down in some areas.

Setting chemical feed to 7 o'clock. Is it better to pre-spray the encap down? Would prefer to use machines delivery system. How far should a full tank stretch on medium soiled carpet tiles?

Which is the preferred Realeasit chemical DS2 or the HP boosted version?

Mark
I have also the same problem since two months. I dissipate a stack of solution. Then my friend suggests me the solution so I tried to remove the band that grip the tank to the handle. Cut a strip of bike inner tube and put it under the crew and put the band back on the handle. Press downhill on the tank as you retighten the two grade bolts.
(08-05-2012, 12:46 PM)Mark Shannon Wrote: However my only gripe is getting a consistent feed and even distribution of encap, find I am often putting to much down in some areas.

Setting chemical feed to 7 o'clock. Is it better to pre-spray the encap down? Would prefer to use machines delivery system.

Mark
hi. as to your comments above, finding the right amount of solution and finding the right amount of flow will take time. for me i pretty much just tap - i never hold the trigger down for any longer than the 1st 4-5 seconds i turn the machine on, to get the solution to the pads as soon as possible, to give them some lubrication, so that i can set the machine down. for everything else i tap the trigger on all wet passes. give it time, you'll figure it out. and i have never touched the ball valve setting. it is wide open...that's just me though, others have.

but putting too much down is never good. spots will more than likely wick back.
I'm in agreement with Derek. Simply push the machine with the ball valve wide-open.

What I normally do is push the Cimex on a fairly quick wet pass, with the valve wide-open, followed by a dry pass. On the wet pass I'm walking at a moderately quick pace, holding the trigger the whole time putting down the solution is I go. On the dry pass I'm walking at a slower pace. On the dry pass I'll feather the trigger a little to keep the pads damp. The wet pass / dry pass method seems to work best, and it's what we recommend.

As Derek mentioned above, you'll get the hang of it as you gain more experience. It'll become very second nature to you.

I do NOT recommend spraying down your solution. That will equate to changing your cleaning into a version of bonnet cleaninig. You will always get better solution control applying the solution through the shampoo tank.

You can plan to average about 300 sq ft per gallon of diluted detergent. A tankful will clean about 1500 sq ft (I'll let you convert that to metric). Wink There are always variables with carpet fiber, pile density, and the speed of cleaning - but that rate is a general rule of thumb.

Keep working with it. It won't take long and you'll be an encap wiz kid. Smile