• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LowBoy Problem
Hopefully one of the Excellent Supply crew will see this tonight. Received my new machine the other day, and am in the process of putting it together. The axle was not put in all the way. I removed the 2 set screws on the back, and the axle still wouldn't move. I tapped lightly with a rubber mallet and still no go. I called Rod today and he told me to remove the springs and the axle will slide through. NOPE! This should have been done before the unit shipped. I have a job to use it on in the morning if someone has any info that may help.
PB Blaster and heavier swings with your mallet. or place a block of wood against your axle and hit it with a hammer instead of the rubber mallet.
http://www.pbblaster.com/ This stuff got me out of plenty of jams.

hope all works out.
Thanks! I'm leery of hitting this thing real hard, as my understanding is that the axle is not all that tight fitting. There was a post on here from someone whose axle was sliding back an forth. Not a fan of the BFH approach, but I may have to try it Smile
Make sure you don't mushroom the end of the axle. Wink

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks for the replies guys. Tragedy averted without brute forceSmile. Morning job rescheduled for the evening, so I'll get to use the machine. And MAN, what a pretty machine she is!
I'm sorry that you had a frustrating time with this Steve! I can't imagine why you ran into a problem. Blush These swingarm kits have been working smooth as can be so far. Thanks for your feedback and your PM. And I'm happy to hear that you got it sorted out. Cool
How did she run?
(10-06-2013, 03:42 PM)cannon100 Wrote: How did she run?

She ran like a charm. I had some very absorbent cotton bonnets on at first, but the Micro Beasts seem to work better. This is the first OP machine I've owned, and I can see why they have their "jiggler" nickname.