• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I use hydrox
Had a water damage at, one of my big accounts all construction etc has been done they now want me to come in and clewn the carpet. I'm anticipating a water stain. It's a darker carpet can I use hydrox or should I use the DS with Citric Acid?

Forgot to mention all warterr has been extracted and it's dry
Hydrox is a great choice on water stains. Just remember to give it lots of dwell time.
Hey Rick,

Two things could occur on a "darker" carpet with Encap-HydrOx.

(1) Color loss can sometimes occur. It's not common, but it can happen, so test for color-fastness first.

(2) The encap polymer in Encap-HydrOx is very white in color, and it is possible that if you apply it heavily that you may see some whiteness on a "dark" color.

OK, now that I've got the disclaimer out of the way... Encap-HydrOx is the bomb on water stains, especially ones that may have the potential to wick back again.
Post Water loss.....HWE
While it is very cost effective for all parties involved,the proper protocal is to clean with HWE. Besides,you get to charge more! If you no longer have HWE equipment,rent or sub out but do what is right not easiest.
Water damage can include hazardous water containing microbes, like what would occur from flood waters, waste water, sewage, etc. When dealing with questionable water sources, or clearly hazardous water sources - full restoration including HWE, treatment with an anti-microbial, or possible replacement of the carpet is recommended.

However we frequently encounter water stains that occur from clean water sources (such as a roof leak or a fresh water leak). In cases of water ring stains that result from from non-hazardous water sources - a simple low moisture encap treatment with Encap-HydrOx is effective. Highly effective!
This was clean water, a sink waters of pipe broke and the water was extracted already by me.
Cool,did you extract within 24 hours?
Within 6 hrsand there was a ton of it. They actually like encapping and the benefits of the tea tree oil for natural deodorizing
Late update: sorry for the delay left for vacation the next day after doing the job.we used the Hydrox and it came out great water spots gone and the carpet looks great m
Man alive Rick, were you on vacation AGAIN? Wink