• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For my fellow VLM peeps
I like to check in periodically to see whats working best. I'm using a Procaps CRB machine and primarily using Hydrox. I'm thinking about using DS2 for less soiled carpets just because I can get more jobs done per bottle. Also trying to figure out the best way to work on traffic lanes around couches, beds, hallways, etc, because it seems like sometimes hydrox doesn't get it though i've found using the spotter on high traffic areas sometimes does a better job--spray and scrub with a towel. Anyway, I'm interested in hearing what others are doing. Oh, and i'm considering putting the Cimex back into residential use, because i'm wondering if the pads will scrub the traffic area (and berber) better than the CRB.
Rick will correct me if i am wrong. but
Hydrox for more of the organic stains such as coffee, organic juices, blood,(although i would rise blood out with HWE)

Ds2 for dirt, grease
Can't correct you on that. You are correct sir. Smile
I did see in previous threads that DS2 does well for commercial due to non-organic stain cleaning power vs hydrox for organic. but those pesky traffic lanes are irritating!

Rick, while im at it, where would you rank Punch and Bio-Encap on the cleaning power scale after hydrox and DS2? I don't do much extraction so I have Punch waiting to be used, and I have some Bio-Encap that I haven't touched since I changed over to hyrdox.
I would rinse blood out with CWE. Wink

Living down under, we're a cold blooded race of neanderthals.

Short 1 Big Grin
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
In big commercial carpet spaces, I have found the grain of the carpet running diagonal to the walls. So, the carpet traffic lanes soiling will bisect the nap. I modify the cleaning pattern so that I am cleaning in the same direction as the nap, going forwards and back in the diagonal pattern. I found that this helps to reestablish the natural direction of the nap and helps to eliminate the appearance of the traffic lanes.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
(10-16-2013, 02:17 PM)Hoss Wrote: In big commercial carpet spaces, I have found the grain of the carpet running diagonal to the walls. So, the carpet traffic lanes soiling will bisect the nap. I modify the cleaning pattern so that I am cleaning in the same direction as the nap, going forwards and back in the diagonal pattern. I found that this helps to reestablish the natural direction of the nap and helps to eliminate the appearance of the traffic lanes.

Excellent suggestion. Thank you for sharing that little tip. Smile