• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex Success Rate?
Would like to hear from all of the Cimex/VLM users on this one....

What would you consider the overall success rate of the Cimex on cgd? I guess this would apply to the more challenging of carpets.

By "success rate" I mean the ability for the Cimex alone to clean the carpet without having to reach for absorbent pads or HWE equipment.

Thanks!
I guess it depends on the market one works.

If it's a crappy joint where there's no pride in the cleanliness, (I don't want it), then the carpet should be flushed prior to encapping.

If it's an office that is maintained regularly by efficient cleaners with good equipment, then straight encap; has never been a problem.

One building in particular, I have been maintaining ever since I got my Cimex from Rick.

ALL of my other regular clients, previously had HWE cleaning until I did a demo; and secured their services.

Also a large guv-urn-mint agency that I've had for over a decade TOLD ME only to encap; their premises after the first one I did as an experiment.

Guess I must have been a crappy HWE bloke for thirty odd (very odd), years. Big GrinTongue

Every job is different just like every cleaner has their own expectations and realisations of what they can do in each scenario.

That's my take on it.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
idk success rate but for me i reckon it has been around 97% thus far? the other 3% i reckon i had to use my OP on.
Only time I had to follow up with an extraction was on a restaurant that had so much compacted dirt, the carpet looked and felt like concrete (near the kitchen entrance off of ceramic tile). Ran the cimex over it for some time with Rick's juice and gray pads. Ended up muddy so we extracted up the swill. Ran the cimex over it again and extracted once more. Looked great.
So, with many years doing this (Cimex only), This was one job that needed to be followed up with HWE. HOWEVER, I seriously doubt that HWE alone would have did anything to that carpet area.
Cimex rules!!
Same here. Restaurant compacted grease lanes cannot be removed by Cimex and encap alone. Use a degreaser and either extract or take bonnets and remove the grease. Also had some trouble with a car dealership. Same type problem, grease being tracked in from the shop. Finally had poor results on a heavily matted down traffic lane in an office building where the dirt had been compacted in. Really needed a pile lifter to help.