• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the Board
Hello All

Been lurking for a while but first time posting. Somewhat new to carpet cleaning and the encamp/padcap process, but have a few jobs here and there. I previously used carpet cleaning as more of a side job, but now am wanting to move more full-time with it, both commercial and residential.

I currently have a dual-speed 17-inch buffer with a tank, a BrushPro 17 and an Oreck Orbiter. I also purchased the CMS but have yet to have the chance to utilize it. I will be starting to create my website this week (wordpress) and learn as I go on that. I also got one sample each of Hydrox, Punch and DS2. I'm looking to get get feedback, advice, tips & tricks, suggestions, shortcuts, etc. on about anything you guys are willing to offer.

One question I have is about process and suggestions for the equipment I have. A process that I've read on here is as follows:
1. Vacuum 2. Prespray 3. Let dwell for 10-15 4. Work in with CRB 5. Padcap

Someone else had a similar process, but slightly different:

1. Vacuum 2. Prespray 3. Work in with CRB 4. Let dwell for 10-15 5. Padcap

Does it make a difference if I work the pre spray in right away with a CRB, or let dwell prior to working with a CRB?

Also, I have to residential jobs coming up next week and would invite any info/suggestions regarding products, process, etc.

Job 1
Room in basement: Tan with green specs Twist/Frieze type carpet. An area about 4x4 has dark stains/discoloration. This is where they come in from the garage and take off snow boots, etc. after walking across 4 feet of tile.

Living Room and Toy Room: Light Tan cut pile. Dirty but not ridiculous. Some spots from juice, etc. and a bit coffee spill from about 2 weeks ago.

Family Room/Steps/Hall: Dark Hunter Green cut pile. No visible stains or damage.

Job 2
All Light Tan bordering on white cut pile. Not bad at all. Some traffic lanes and that's about it.

Any information, suggestions, products to use, process, etc. considering the equipment I have would be great! Depending on what feedback I get, I may be ordering some products by tomorrow. Sorry this first post is so long.

Thanks guys, and I look forward to being a contributor on this board and also getting some great advice.

Steve
Well, welcome to the forum and your on the right track.
Welcome to the EncapBoard. Big Grin

The two scenarios you outlined above are similar and will produce essentially the same results. And that's fine, both approaches are correct. However 10-15 minutes of dwell time is on the long end, so make sure you apply enough solution so that it won't dry up before you begin the agitation. Also, make sure you re-spray ahead of your pad capping and use damp/wet bonnets/pads.
Thanks! Any suggestions for each situation as far as your products?
Each product is different. You'll need to choose what works best for your application. Here's a rundown on three of our popular products that could fit into what you're looking to accomplish...

Encap-Clean DS2 is ideal for a wide range of soils and is best suited for encap shampooing. This is our powerhouse encap cleaner. It's what the rest of the industry looks at to try to get close to. It's sets the standard for encapsulation cleaning.

Encap-HydrOX is similar, however it's main attribute is that is t's geared toward organic soils and colored stains that result from foods, wine coffee, etc. It's also great for browning and imparts a brightening to most light colored carpets.

Encap-Punch is an encap pre-spray. It is especially useful for bonnet applications too. Being a pre-spray, Encap-Punch packs in more solvents and soil emulsion, yet it's also balanced with an encap polymer on the other side of the equation. It really is an excellent product.

So the choice is up to you and your specific needs. Each is an excellent choice. It just depends on what you like and what you feel most comfortable with according to your individual cleaning tasks. Hope this little summary helps.
Thanks Rick. In one case in particular in my original post. A section on one house has dark Hunter Green cut pile. Can Hydrox be used on dark carpeting, or is it mainly for lighter carpet/organic type stains (one room with very light carpet has a decent sized coffee stain). Would I be better off using Punch or DS2 on the darker carpet and Hydrox or Punch on the lighter???
Encap-HydrOx should be fine on the green carpet. But test colorfastness first to make sure. Or you could just use Encap-CleanDS2 to be on the safe side.