• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vacuum question
I read some of the history threads and found the following:

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Proteam-ProForce...-/71166272

Price: $330

http://www.excellent-supply.com/ProTeam-...p_365.html

Price: $399

anyone know the differences are ? they both say they have a Hepa filter...
Buy from Rick he has excellent customer service. It's well worth the extra money.
First off, they are not the same vacs. If you want to price shop, at least compare apples to apples.

Next, as NJP has stated, dealing with well educated, experienced carpet professionals, who stand behind their products 100%, has great value. My experience with them has been tremendous. They have helped educate me on a number of equipment purchases, and I value their input. You won't get any of that on ebay.....
Ed Elliott

oh so I'm not allowed to check pricing, sorry but when something jumps out at me based a link someone else provided in a previous post, I'm going to inquire about the differences. I understand the whole dealing with the professionals aspect vs ebay. I also took a look to see what the ebay seller had to say about their company...sounds like they stand behind the sale of the products just fine and have been since 1998 and have sold over 30,000 vacuums on ebay. So, I'm not so sure you can put a blanket statement like "you won't find any of that on ebay".

you say they are not the same vacs, ok, so whats the difference then ? pretty simple question. The one sold at excellent supply is gray with a yellow logo and does not appear to identify itself as the XP model. The one from Great Vacs (ebay) is Blue and Gray and is identified as the Proteam XP1500 vacuum. Maybe one is last years model, I have no idea.
Buy whichever vacuum appears to be the best deal for you. Proteam makes EXCELLENT stuff!
"you say they are not the same vacs, ok, so whats the difference then? pretty simple question."

simple answer: go to the Proteam website. You can research all of the models and compare features. I did this when I researched my Proteam backpack, and then talked it over with Bryan at Excellent Supply. At the end of the discussion, I placed an order with ES for the vac that fit my criteria.
Ed Elliott

Talked with Proteam today;

The blue/gray 15XP vac (the one I saw on ebay) is for residential and doesn't have the 50' power cord which is used for commercial. This one is not listed on the Proteam website.

The 1500 Hepa version, which is the one offered by Excellent Supply does not come with the on board tools (which I want), and can not be upgraded to add the tools.

The 1500XP Hepa version comes with the on-board tools.

thanks for your feedback, have a great day !
We also carry the XP model. Just don't have it on the website (my bad).

If act ANY of the ProTeam vacuums can be purchased through Excellent Supply. We are a full line ProTeam dealer.

Rick Gelinas - The Encapman
www.Excellent-Supply.com / Releasit
Guys jumping on a member of this group about buying from Rick, well I think that was kind of rude. We know Rick and everyone at Excellent offer great service, hands down. But you also don't know of Tigers financial issue either, maybe he has to price shop. I do, I wish I can buy all my needs from Rick, but I can't, on some items I need to price shop and Rick understands this I am sure. He doesn't hold a grudge.

We are all here to learn and help each other out, not to be rude or jump on each other for asking a question. This group stands out from other groups as being helpful and kind, let's keep it that way.
AMEN brother
thanks guys...it's all good.

I'm not sure what Rick's price is for the 1500XP w/tools, I suspect higher than the Non-Tools version ($399), I was able to purchase the 1500XP w/tools for $365 delivered. Unfortunately, my financial situation seems to always require me to look for the best pricing, but I'm also willing to pay more to get a better quality product. In this case, it's just a vacuum cleaner that everyone says is one of the best.

I look forward to continuing to buy Releasit (I just received my first shipment and have yet to even try it) from Rick/Excellent Supply. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions in the future.
The exchange of information on this site is valuable and worthwhile. I think we all benefit from the interaction.

That being said, do not mis-interpret my remarks about price shopping. We all have to price shop, but in doing so, we have to look at what features we want, compare the features between various models, and then determine the best fit for our needs and budget. I cannot make that determination for anyone but myself.

I try to do as much research on my own as I can, which was part of my point. Part of that research might include calling ES and getting their take on things. Their expertise often adds value to my purchase. Part of that research might include a specific question on the board to see if anyone has had any experience with a particular piece of equipment or chemistry.

When I purchased my Proteam backpack, my independent research had narrowed it down to three models. I called Bryan and had a further discussion with him that helped me make a final choice. It was not a model on the ES web site, but one I knew they could get. I also knew what prices were available elsewhere. ES prices were competitive, so I placed the order with them.
Ed Elliott

Yes guys, I think Rick understand quite well about price shopping when you have too.
(10-31-2013, 06:51 AM)NJP Wrote: Yes guys, I think Rick understand quite well about price shopping when you have too.

I certainly do. We all have to make sure we are getting the best value for our money. And in fact at Excellent Supply we try very hard to offer the best price on everything we sell. Occasionally we'll be beaten by someone. Some folks sell stuff at cost, or at some crazy margin. We try to be realistic and keep our prices low, and yet we also have to try to keep a sensible enough approach that will enable us to stay in business. In fact I'm sure this is the same strategy that you guys all employ with regards to your own businesses and the prices that you charge. However, in the event that you do find a lower price - let us know what you've found, and we will see if there is anything we can do to match or beat the price you found. Smile
Good Day,
We do have the XP in stock.
ProForce® 1500XP HEPA
Premium quality on-board tools and high-performance dual motor system offers convenience and durability for optimal efficiency and maximum effectiveness, now with HEPA Level Filtration.

And do not forget the very convenient thumb switch which allows you to go from Carpet (brush spinning) to Hard floor (suction only) with ease.

Give us a call with anymore questionsBig Grin Happy to help

Brian Dugger,
Excellent Supply