• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with pricing
Hello all

Looking to get some opinions on a bid. I was contacted by a movie theater (an AMC 18). They are looking for a quote to clean the seats in the theaters. They have anywhere from 3-5 theaters or so done each month, depending on need. All they want to know is how much I would charge per seat.

Any ideas on what to charge? Also, what are some ideas as far as products, equipment, process, etc.? The fabric on the seats is red.

Thanks in advance!
$9-$10 per seat. The seats will be FILTHY. It's HARD work!!! But if you set up a good system, it can be profitable.
Thanks Rick

Any suggestions on products and/or equipment? I have a portable. One of your drill attachments? Products? HWE or vlm?

Also forgot to mention. Not sure if it would make a difference on price, but there are roughly 100-250 seats per theater and they would want every seat in that particular theater done each time.
Person 1 pre-sprays each chair heavily with Encap-Punch.
Person 2 scrubs each chair with a Drill Driver and a FiberPlus pad.
Person 3 extracts each chair.

Three people in HUSTLE MODE will get the job done.
That's what it will take to do a theater full of chairs.
(10-29-2013, 07:14 AM)encapman Wrote: Person 1 pre-sprays each chair heavily with Encap-Punch.
Person 2 scrubs each chair with a Drill Driver and a FiberPlus pad.
Person 3 extracts each chair.

Count the chairs and divide by three, if there are more than 120, divide by six and keep rotating so that one person does not tire and slow down the other two. Wink

Three people in HUSTLE MODE will get the job done.
That's what it will take to do a theater full of chairs.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
What a great exercise in logistics!

I have to wonder about the length of the rows and the ability to move a portable extractor between them. Seems like the Gecko could get in there, but some of the bigger extractors would be a problem. The Steamin Demon, with its long stair / furniture hose would be the most effective.

If you are heavily spraying with Punch as Rick recommended, you would also have over spray and need to clean the floor too. Is the floor hard or carpeted? I assume that the seat frame is a combination of plastic and metal. So, I guess the drill attachment with punch would work on that. But, you would also need a wipe down step.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
First off, I just want to say thanks. I just joined the board and like the fact that everyone is friendly and wants to help out everyone else. A huge difference from other boards I've read. It's enjoyable and educational!

I would have to say the rows are anywhere from 15-25 seats wide, give or take. I have an Olympus portable, with heat, that holds about 12 gallons, with 25 ft. of vacuum and solution hose. The steps leading up the sides are large enough for the porty to sit on. The floors are smooth concrete. The fabric is only on the seat and seat back. The rest is metal/plastic.
I think the drill driver will work well on the seats, the angle of the backs may prove more challenging for the drill driver. Especially if you are extracting, I would give a quick hand scrub with a fiber pad on the backs and even seats that are not too bad. You will find out that scrubbing by hand on small areas like these is actually quicker, more thorough, and often less frustrating than using a power tool.
Thanks for the help and advice guys. In this situation, I know the contact. He was to procure bids and forward them to his boss. His boss decided to go with the lowest bid ($3 per seat!), and try them out in one theater to see how it goes. Hopefully, I'll be getting a call from in the next couple months……..we'll see. Thanks again, guys!