• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staples Abound....
Doing a small commercial job tomorrow night. Pretty straight forward, except one thing - staples stuck in the carpet.

It's just in one area, but they're everywhere.

How do I get them out with relative ease?

Thanks!
This might help http://www.homedepot.com/p/General-Tools.../202025668# but you will still have to get some with your fingers I'd point it out to them and charge accordingly if they are excessive . Maybe the manager could suggest to the end users that if they would like the carpet cleaned in that area they should help by picking up the staples..............Good luck
  Reply   Purge Spammer
My Dysoon picks most of them out with the brush, BUT, the ones that get caught in the fibers can be a real pain.

I carry a carpet awl to pick them loose, then pull each one out with my fingers.

It is time consuming so it MUST be charged for.

I have tried the magnet thing, but because the staples are caught amongst the fibers, it didn't work real well.

Probably not much use, but that's been my experience.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I use needle nose pliers.
I have a Records document Area that I do for my largest account. Staples by the billion all over the place. vacuumed like crazy , pulled them up by the hundreds using a knife or staple puller. Finally said enough is enough I'd have been there for a week. Sent an email to the director (that I do the work for) explaining what I'd done and the situation he was aware of it and they had problems with the people just throwing them on the floor. Completely happy with the job we did and talked to their management ....again.

BTW there are probably 40 cubicles in this area , all the same, staples every where
i use my fingers but i like the pliers idea Rick.
Removing staples is not cleaning.Make them aware and charge a fair hourly rate. Give them the option.
Yep, I use the same thing Rick but I hate bending over so much, LOL.
Bend over, shoot I could of laid in one spot and picked all you want lol!