• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot pad driver
Is there something different than the Velcro driver. Thought I'd read that Rick was developing something. Or I could have imagined it :-)
Call Excellent supply and ask for the "dura-grip" I have it on my Orbot and is great.
Yep, we developed a heavy duty driver plate for the Orbot and named it the Duragrip. Give us a call and we can get one sent out to you. It's a lot like the stock Orbot driver plate - only the Duragrip is beefier! Considerably beefier.
Reminds me of .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxbW_BY4X80
The only absorbent pad that I can use is the super Zorb. It seems that any other type of cotton pad the Orbot driver wants to chew it up. Especially the center of the pad. Will the Dura grip eliminate the problem?
That's great!

Do you have any pics? What kinds of pads can be used?

How is the plate installed?
I have other type of scrub pads. the only type of absorbent pad that I find I can use is the super Zoerb. The driver is what comes on the original Orbot. It's a Velcro driver. And it chews up absorbent pads whether the Velcro pad is new or used. I don't remember all the pads I have used but I know I have used glad pads. And it chews up about a 2 inch diameter in the center. I know a few others or at least some others have experienced similar problems.
Yeah, I know all too well. I actually run two Orbots myself.

I was referring to the driver that Rick mentioned, would like to know more about it.

(11-17-2013, 07:49 PM)Jim Cross Wrote: I have other type of scrub pads. the only type of absorbent pad that I find I can use is the super Zoerb. The driver is what comes on the original Orbot. It's a Velcro driver. And it chews up absorbent pads whether the Velcro pad is new or used. I don't remember all the pads I have used but I know I have used glad pads. And it chews up about a 2 inch diameter in the center. I know a few others or at least some others have experienced similar problems.
Lol. Then those are good questions. I would like no the answer myself.
The DuraGrip driver plate will run similar pads as the stock Orbot driver plate. There may be some small variations in pad wear, but the differences would be negligible. The big difference is that the DuraGrip driver plate is quite a bit more durable.

Instead of wearing out in 5 minutes, it'll last 9 minutes Wink
I have the DuraGrip on my Orbot. It works great and you will love it! I never liked the velcro idea!

Lee
Ok I am calling excellent supply in the morning oh wait my wife will call in the morning I will be out working so it is called dura grip sounds it will do the job. thanks for the great tip.. P cleanerShy
Could someone post a link to this driver?

Also a pic?

Thanks!
We don't have it on the website. So there are no pics. Sorry.
Ok, thanks.

Would any of you end users mind posting a pic? I'd like to take a gander at it.

(11-18-2013, 11:17 PM)encapman Wrote: We don't have it on the website. So there are no pics. Sorry.