• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
installing new belt on Cimex
How easy is it to install a new belt?
any video on this or is it just plug and play?
thanks.
very simple. I place the new belt around the motor pulley and 2 of the pad pulleys in the proper way then just maneuver the belt part-way around the remaining third pad pulley. It is going to seem like it won't go around this third one, but just stabilize it (belt)there part way on as you spin the pulley and the belt will simply ride into place.
i am not mechanically inclined at all and it took me all of 10 minutes to do it the one and only time i ever did it...very simple Smile
Just out of curiosity, how often should the belt be changed on the Cimex 48??

How does one know when it should be changed ??

Questions a newbie would be to embarrassed to ask. Big Grin

But not an old Richard Cranium. Sad

Blush Blush Blush
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
When it stops turning the heads or you sense slippage We have actually turned the belts over to get more life from them
Thanks Don, I have no problems then if that's the case.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
As Don correctly stated, when slippage begins to occur it's a forewarning that a new belt should be ordered soon. Normally the slippage occurs for a while before a replacement becomes imminent, so there's no need to panic if the belt begins to slip a little.

And as Derek mentioned, they really are simple to install. Follow Floor Care MD's directions for installation - it's not hard at all.
Blush I've had a spare belt for over five years now and I still don't have any slippage.

I was just a bit concerned because my Big Yella is still on it's original belt. Blush

Short 1
I do not sense any slippage on my Cimex (vintage 2006), and I think it has the original belt. What does make me wonder though, is that it won't turn the heads if the fiber pads or brushes are not well lubricated/soaked with the DS2. Once they are wet, it turns fine. Nature of the beast, or do I have a lurking issue?
Ed Elliott

Ed, I would never put dry pads onto any carpet and start to try cleaning.

You WILL damage the carpet with the abrasions in my opinion.

I always soak the pads in solution, then let them drain prior to putting on the drive board and starting work.

I also start the head rotating whilst holding it off the carpet and slowly lowering it onto the carpet rather than try a direct start on the carpet.

This is only going to create more drag on the machine and possibly cause damage to either the carpet, Cimex or both.

Hope this makes sense.

Short 1
Yes, never run dry pads on carpet its not good for the machine or the carpet, however if the bowl is not spinning on the carpet and the motor is, then you have a belt slipping. If neither are spinning or motor is spinning very slowly, then you have a motor,or cord,or weak circuit issue in the building.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
Thanks Shorty & Rod. Based on your comments, it is definitely a lubrication issue. I had been spraying the pads then starting the machine and lowering as you suggest onto pre-sprayed carpet. That still would have some bogging down until the pads got more solution in them. I had a job yesterday and dunked the pads as Shorty suggested. That seemed to work fine.
Ed Elliott