• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Everyone Needs a CRB....
Did a repeat job this morning. Had cleaned for her a year (maybe 2?) ago. This was prior to my purchasing the BrushEncap machine. This job once again proves to me how important of a tool the CRB is. Now keep in mind that I still pad - or HWE depending on who I'm working with, etc. - when using the BrushEncap.

In this case the customer had two dogs. She vacuums regularly. Upon arrival we set up the CRB and went to town. The amount of hair and sand that was pulled out of the carpet blew us away. Now, I don't doubt that a TM - especially with a rotary extractor - will pull out a lot hair. But as much as we did? Not sure about that.

In the case of VLM cleaning (which I love) it is simply impossible to remove this much debris from the carpet.

Once the CRB run was complete we followed with a quick vacuum then spray and pad. Place came out great.

Anyway, check out the clip below. Also, I included a couple of pics. One is of the brushes after they were soaked in a bucket with Odorcide for about 2 - 3 minutes and rolled back and forth. These brushes are definitely absorbing something. The second pic is of all the hair and gunk pulled from the carpet after the job was complete. In entirety it was a loft, hallway and two small size rooms. The place was furnished to boot so there was even less exposed space then you might imagine.

[Image: CAM00142_zpsa2ce9f40.jpg]

[Image: CAM00140_zpscd85ff10.jpg]
Impressive.

Having a variety of tools makes good sense, as your post demonstrates. Could you picture a home builder trying build a house with only a hammer? Having the right equipment makes all the difference. Another machine to be considered for the well rounded toolbox is an OP machine (has multiple uses: pre scrub, OP, straight encap, post bonnet).

Keep up the good work Smile
I agree. I have an American Eskimo dog ~ they have two coats of hair ~ a outer rough coat and an inner down coat. My carpet is very clean - it has had HWE and padcapping with the Orbot. But, I ran the CRB on it after I dealt with some gear problems, and pulled up the equivalent of two footballs in dog hair. I couldn't see the hair in the carpet - the white down blended into the light gray plush, but it was there!

I used it on a fairly soiled light berber apartment carpet along with spot extraction and post padcapping with an little Oreck and it turned out very well. I did not need to lug the big Orbot into the scenario and I was able to cut in effectively with the 15" wide path in cramped conditions. I would like a good method to run it on stairs, but the vertical lock with the handle most likely will foil that on everything except for very deep steps.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
Yuck.

Good work, nice video.
Wow! I agree D, the crb is worth is weight in gold Imo.

Although I have a dinosaur model (94' Host) it still amazes me at what it pulls out!

Keep up the great work man!
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Yes, I use the Orbot now in fact.

If I were starting over I would look at a Lowboy or dual speed rotary. But I do think the wheels down control of an OP makes life easier.

Have you considered an Excellent-Supply VLM start up package? Lowboy + CRB + Spray system? That would be an awesome upstart combo!

(11-22-2013, 08:55 AM)encapman Wrote: Impressive.

Having a variety of tools makes good sense, as your post demonstrates. Could you picture a home builder trying build a house with only a hammer? Having the right equipment makes all the difference. Another machine to be considered for the well rounded toolbox is an OP machine (has multiple uses: pre scrub, OP, straight encap, post bonnet).

Keep up the good work Smile
They do pick up some dog hair.

So 2 questions then...you ran the CRB without any prespray or solutions right....totally dry carpet.

Second...what dilution did you use to soak the brushes with the odorside? Thats a good tip as far as I am concerned.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I use my crb machine when ever I can. It's a great piece of equipment to have.