• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy living - NOT CC
By the way, WHY DO Doctors call their place of business a "PRACTICE"?? Big Grin

Now, I don't get the U.S. television stations on my tv, but I wonder if yours are similar.

Around lunch-time, on each and every free to air channel, we get a continuous burst of repeat advertisements.

They start off with:

A multitude of fast food ads such as McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, Pizza's and every other junk food you can think of.

This is generally followed by various ads extolling the virtues of getting healthy and losing all that weight with the aid of:

Twister, Bowflex, Treadmills, Weight lift machines, Pilates machines, Total Gym, and the body twisting, knee busting super torturous jump exercises, etc;

Then there are all the "miracle" diet pills that will rip the weight off quicker than you can get Mrs Brown's feline urine out of the carpet.

Last comes the final steps:

Insurance companies: Have you planned your funeral?? Don't let your family pay your last bill??

Crikey, I never knew there were so many different insurance companies spruiking for my business.

But hang about, can anyone else see the common denominator here??

You stuff yourself full of junk food.

Then you break the bank by purchasing exercise equipment that breaks your body, but wait, there's more, if you order in the next 33 minutes, you'll get the new upgraded version that'll also save you postage and get a free set of steak knives.

Then you need to enter the funeral plan to plant you because you've gotten so obese on the junk food, dislocated various bones, muscles and other parts in your body from the non working exercise machines, and had to give up work because of the above.

'cept; you don't have any money left after buying all that tucker and good health gear.

Oh my gawd, what next??????

I know, the pension'll save me. Big Grin

Maybe I should join o'b's fund. Blush

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
You are a very wise man Shorty. I do believe you got it figured out!!!
The insurance ones are the worst.

Lee
The standard American diet is SAD.
Standard
American
Diet
Soda And Double-cheeseburger