• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retiring at end of year
Yes after 43 years I am packing it in.
My son is taking over the business
Been a great ride, met a lot of great people along the way, far too many to mention
wow! 43 years.
Congrats!!
Your son is a fortunate man to have such a good father.
Congratulations Don! Your 43 years makes my 31 years look small by comparison. You are one of the good guys in this industry. I've certainly enjoyed knowing you and learning from your many contributions on the message boards through the years, as well as meeting you in person a few times. I hope that you will still continue to check in from time to time after you retire! Please accept this as an open invitation to keep the dialogue going even after you step off the truck. ENJOY your retirement Smile
Thanks Don. I have always valued your posts. Have a long and happy retirement.
Feel sad to see you go Don, I have gained a lot of personal satisfaction from your posts over the years, and learned a thing or three as well.

MEN of your caliber are right up there with the late Gary H Heacock, Ray (Rambo) Moody, and many others that have devoted a lifetime to our industry.

I salute you Sir, and please, don't be a stranger here.

Short 1

PS::: I hope you enjoy your "early" retirement as much as you have enjoyed this fantastic industry.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Hey Shorty everything was fine until I reached 74 than it became a hassle, this last year the old body just gave out.
I always said I would rather wear out than rust out
Thanks guys just retiring not going away.