• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crunchy
I had a client comment that the floor was crunchy. I am assuming ( I know you should never assume) that there was too much product on the floor, I was training a new person. I went felt of the carpet and really didn't notice anything, but it did kinda make a sound while walking on it. Maybe it always sounds that way not sure. I told them it could be that more product was used that really needed but it was fine.

any thoughts ?
Probably too much product. I have not had any crunchy comments on commercial accounts. With residential I have a brochure that I leave behind explaining the benefits of vlm cleaning and suggest the customer vacuum their carpets the following day to eliminate any concerns.
I agree with Lee in regards to too much product.

However, walking over the carpet, or the very first vacuum, will make those fibers soft and pliable again.

No more crunchy.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
We always post vac residential after pad capping. P Cleaner
commercial if it looks like Wilma isn"t going to vacuum for awhile we will post vac....
I had this once when I worked for C/Dry. I thought it was the carpet protector maybe? I wet a cotton loop bonnet and gave it a once over, customer happy, problem solved.
The crunchy felling is fine just needs to be vacuumed by the customer and it goes away after one or two vacuum cleanings also make sure your customers vacuum works because I had a customer that had a vacuum that her house cleaners used and didn't tell her that her belt had broke I had found that out and let the customer know.

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
I agree with the comments above.

Too much product was used.
And post-vacuuming will soften it back up again.