• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clicking sound from cimex
this has been gong on awhile not sure how long, the cimex still does the great job its always done since day one, but there is this annoying clicking sound. It does not always do it, and it stops sometimes during cleaning and you think man i am glad that stop but then a few minutes later it starts again. I first thought it might have been a little piece of a rock or something that feel between the guard and the motor but i don't thing that's it.

any ideas on what it could be ?
Sounds like the bearings are starting to go bad. A Cimex will run for quite a while with failing bearings. But at some point you'll likely want to replace them. Give Rod at our office a call and he can explain the process of replacing them. He is out of the office today, but he'll be in tomorrow.
Another possibility in addition to a bad brush pulley or bowl bearing is that it could be the belt. There is a slightly raised section on the belt where it is pieced together that can cause that type or sound. Either replacing the belt or flipping it over may take care of it as well.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
I have a similar noise on mine. I have replaced all bearings and it still does it. It has to do with the bowl because when its running and i lift it off the carpet and the bowl stops spinning the noise does also. I cant figure this one out
Ryan Van Donge
Best Choice Carpet Cleaning
I have also heard that on rare occasions the center bowl bearings have been pressed into the bowl improperly/slightly crooked causing that type of noise when spinning under load. I have also had on rare occasion the 4 long bolts running the length of the motor loosen. You can try to evenly loosen and re torque those bolts and see if that has any effect.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
I think i posted a picture on here not to long ago what the clicking noise was. Mine was the pad driver itself there is 4 pins that the pad go on. There are spot welded on the top and the spot welds had broke loose. I did get a new one but i had that one welded again for a spare. If you pull the pads off and take all the screws out of the white cover look up at the bottom of the main head and see if you can see where they have been scrubing.
You guys are going to hate me................

I still don't have the clicking sound, but I do have a Ka-ching sound every time I roll Big Yella down the ramps.

ka-ching

An imitation of the sound made by a cash register, used when someone's action will result in mo' money; see also cha-ching

I'm gonna cash this check: ka-ching!

Sorry, maybe I should stay away a bit longer. Blush

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I LOVE your perspective Shorty. I agree 100% with the ka-ching sound! The Cimex's in the northern hemisphere make the same delightful sound Smile