• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OP Machine
Im not big carpet guy but can someone explain to me differences between OP Machine and regular 175 machine. I always get these confused.

Thank you
  Reply   Purge Spammer
OP=Oscillating, Orbit vs 175=Rotary
A rotary machine has a single disc - typically 17" rotating at 175 RPM. An orbital machine produces 1725 oscillations per minute. And rather than making a large 17" looping revolution, an orbital machine makes small oscillations about the size of the dime. Bottom line, an orbital machine has tremendously greater potential to provide a huge increase in agitation over a traditional 175 rpm rotary machine. Plus if you're running a wheels on the ground orbital machine the machine will produce no side to side torque - so it's a lot easier to operate too.

Get a VARIO. You won't be disappointed Smile

What pads/bonnet do you recommend using for VARIO?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
1) You can use FiberPlus pads for performing straight encap shampooing. You can also use the FiberPlus Max pads for more aggressive scrubbing on commercial loop carpet. You would typically use the FiberPlus pads with the VARIO shower-feed mode.

2) Our favorite bonnets are the Microbeast bonnets. Excellent soil absorption, and very good durability. You would use bonnets with the VARIO spray mode.

Those would be the two primary recommendations for pads/bonnets.
Which one would you recommend for CGD using 175. Im on a tight budget right but definitely considering Cimex in a few months. Need to save up some money.

Let me know at your convenience please.

Thank you
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Go with OP Northstar. You won't be disappointed. You'll get a deeper clean and it's easier to use, especially in residential. I'm not sure if your familiar with rotary but if you haven't ever used one you'll go through walls!
Here's the way I see the difference in an ( hopefully ), easy to understand way.

175 ( & higher speed ) rotary.

The wheels are off the ground.

You must get the balance of the machine level before you start, otherwise it will take off rapidly in one direction.

You steer by either lifting the handle up to make the machine go in one direction, or lowering the handle to make it go in the opposite direction.

Some have vacuums, some don't. You don't vacuum a wet floor.

You need the correct speed ( rotation wise ), for the job at hand, and if doing hard floors, a speed that is compatible with the product being used on the floors, such as high/ultra high speed burnishing etc;

For a first time user, they can be a disaster.

On carpet, I find the 175rpm is sufficient.

OP:

The older style, wheels were also off the ground.

Newer ones, Vario, Hoss, Trinities, etc; I believe that the wheels stay on the ground when using them.

You start the machine with the pad/brush OFF the ground and slowly lower it.

Steering it is like with a lawn mower, simply move it in the direction you wish to go.

Different speeds - I DON'T KNOW. Blush

A first time user can be very proficient in a very short time.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I agree that you need to get used to a rotary but it isn't that difficult. JMO I've used a 175/300 rpm rotaries and they do a great job. I also have a orbot, they both work. The rotary is quite a bit cheaper.
Rick back me up here, why don't you try and get Excellent Supply's Credit Card and save some money like you want and get what you want.

Black2White Carpet Cleaning

If you can't do that I know a guy that restores 21" 175 Rotary Machines for $400 and that's for shipping too. Then you can get your mix and match 4 Gallon ReleaseIt Products you need for about $160 and then ricks bonnets and pads, you will spend about a $1,000 max for right now intill you save that money to buy the good stuff from Rick @ Excellent Supply 😀

Black2White we're gonna have to put you on our payroll Wink
O yea any day!

Rick, how many low moisture peeps were there? Vendors or people in all?