• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint!
I don't mean spots either, but room length over sprays coming out 2-3inches from the baseboards.

This is apartment work so of course they expect miracles, but there's no initial budget from the mass application of a PIG type chem--and put on in such amounts, I'd worry about delamination anyway.

It's not cured out yet, only 2days old, but it is dark color. I'm thinking just attack with grey fiber plus followed by textile pads on the hand buffer, set at high rpms and fiber damage be hanged.

Would Punch be the best bet to loosen it up a bit?

Interesting experiment--some of you may know I tout vapor steamers quite a bit--I'm going to see if it's useful.

Advice please!
If it's latex paint you might not need a strong POG type solvent. If it's fresh latex, using a STRONG solution of Encap-Punch might cut it. I share your fear of delimitation. Can you test a few different products and see what gets it to move before jumping into it?
Yes Rick, its latex and I'll have the full kit but there's so much overspray volume that specialty chems would be prohibitive--maybe just for the toughest of the tough.

I have plenty of DS2 as well and Hydrox, but somehow this seems like a job for Punch.

I'll be testing tomorrow.
We see quite a bit of overspray in the summer apartment turnover season. We are the last guys in, quite often pushing the painters out as we enter. On nylon cut pile, we use heavy Punch, scrub with beasts, and follow up with 'zorbs. On olefin berber we use Punch with fiber plus.

In most cases, if the paint has not set long, it cleans reasonably well. The expectations from the property management folks are pretty low in this regard: "Just do what you can do."
Ed Elliott

Thanks Ed; good to know.

This complex wants the rug saved and looking 100% so I'm hoping to emulate your experience.
Yep, Punch at 2oz per qt sprayer with 6in Tuway on the hand buffer pretty much knocked it out!
AWESOME!
This last three - four years, I think thanks to the GFC, I've had more paint on carpet problems than in the last forty +.

Sad part about them all is, the paint may have been on there for up to a couple of years, but nearly all the (female) tenants/owners, say to me:

"It's okay, it'll wash out, it's only a water based paint".

So, in a dead-pan face, trying not to laugh, I reply:

"Yep, funny thing about water based products, take concrete for example, that's also water based, but I find it very hard to remove without causing any damage".

They soon get the message and either laugh & ask me to do my best, or ask me to leave.

Either way, I'm happy to do so.

I'm getting too old for someone else's problems and no longer need to put up with it.

Delia reckons I'm just a C.O.B. Blush

She's right. Big Grin

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Charge them good, and tell'em to charge back to the painter, or hire a real painter
I have ran in to that quite a bit. If it is fresh should be easier to deal with. I would only use POG as a final step or a last resort. I start out removing as much as I can and then dab POG and rinse in intervals to prevent de-laminate. And agree with other post charge the good and get them to charge the painter this will help keep you from doing this time and time again.
Drummond Carpet and Upholstery Care
http://www.drummondcarpetcleaning.com
  Reply   Purge Spammer