• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mikefest 10
Nancy and I are out in Santa Cruz at Mikefest 10. Yesterday was awesome. There were excellent presentations all day. Packed with valuable business building information!

After my presentation on encapsulation and commercial carpet cleaning there was a HWE/Encap shoot out. Was a blast. The carpet was a rat nasty bar carpet that looked like it had never been cleaned before. It cleaned up pretty well.

We ran our new Vario orbital machine on a section of the carpet. https://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-O...p_563.html

A few of the guys had a chance to run the Vario. Here's a shot of Lee Stockwell running the Vario.

[Image: 8umy7use.jpg]

Today, now that the carpet has fully dried and any potential wicking has occurred - the final results of the cleaning challenge between HWE and Encap will be judged.

Looking forward to another fun day today Smile
I'm anxious to hear/see the results Rick. I've cleaned paths, with my Cimex, through carpet that had been recently HWE'd, but haven't used my Low Boy much as a stand alone tool. Don't keep us waiting too long. Smile
(02-22-2014, 11:47 AM)encapman Wrote: Nancy and I are out in Santa Cruz at Mikefest 10. Yesterday was awesome. There were excellent presentations all day. Packed with valuable business building information!

After my presentation on encapsulation and commercial carpet cleaning there was a HWE/Encap shoot out. Was a blast. The carpet was a rat nasty bar carpet that looked like it had never been cleaned before. It cleaned up pretty well.

We ran our new Vario orbital machine on a section of the carpet. https://www.excellent-supply.com/VARIO-O...p_563.html

A few of the guys had a chance to run the Vario. Here's a shot of Lee Stockwell running the Vario.

[Image: 8umy7use.jpg]

Today, now that the carpet has fully dried and any potential wicking has occurred - the final results of the cleaning challenge between HWE and Encap will be judged.

Looking forward to another fun day today Smile

So who won?

Black2White Carpet Cleaning
So who won?
Seriously? Do you have to ask? LOL

The HWE sections showed some pretty significant wicking.
I have to be truthful though, the encap section wasn't 100% perfect either.
But it was considerably better looking than the HWE sections.

In all fairness though - this really wasn't a fair comparison for anyone - it wasn't real world. Picture having about 50 carpet cleaners standing around inside a 200 sq foot bar room while you're trying to clean. And while the carpet is being cleaned those 50 or so people are walking back and forth across the carpet. Plus there are also people walking in and out of the bar. And while the carpet's still wet there continues to be a steady flow of people walking in and out of the bar. Naturally it was a less than ideal situation for everyone! But it was a heck of a lot of fun. And I think the bartender sold a record amount of beer. Tongue

So we went in this morning and cleaned everything up with the Vario. All in all, the carpet looked good and the woman running the bar was singing our praises!!!

Mikefest was AMAZING. For those of you who didn't make it this year, you should seriously consider attending next year. It is "THE" Industry event to be at. There was so much great content! It was jam packed with valuable information. Thanks to Mike, the sponsors, and all who came out and made it the greatest Mikefest ever.
I already know who won, just wanted to hear it from you. 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

I beat truck mounts every single time In accounts.

Way to go awesome and I will definitely be there next year, I hope it's even better next year.

Did you do a strip on the truck mounted side to see how dirty his side way after he was done cleaning???

That must have been a tough pill to swallow for some of those guys.
All of those guys lol lol sorry lol

i doubt it was tough to swallow for many of them? most guys on the forums have used VLM on CGD for years.

thanks for the pic Rick! looks like you guys had a blast. is that Lagunitas IPA on tap? MMMMMMMM! Big Grin
There was IPA on tap. There was also an amber ale that was very yummy (don't recall the name).

Rick Gelinas - The Encapman
www.Excellent-Supply.com / Releasit
Even if HWE and encap were to tie, once the start up cost and cost of ownership is factored in, then you add to it the speediest drying times, no way in the world is HWE the winner.
(02-25-2014, 04:41 PM)JuddBowers Wrote: Even if HWE and encap were to tie, once the start up cost and cost of ownership is factored in, then you add to it the speediest drying times, no way in the world is HWE the winner.

Yep