• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to know
Is the truckport extractor good to use if I want to get into water extraction from busted pipes or sewage backup ect?
We will be adding a model with auto-fill and auto-pump out. That model could be useful for pumping water from modest sized water intrusion jobs. It should arrive in the next few weeks.
Is going to be better then the truckport extractor
It's the same model, same specs. We are simply bringing in a model that has the option of an auto-fill and auto-dump feature.
If it is for a basement with standing Category 3 (sewage), I would start with a gas powered trash pump set up outside. Expect to have the power off and to need your own power supply. Don't try to do something that dangerous without consulting the IIRC standards - starting with their guidelines for safety.

Broken pipes from sanitary sources may start at Category 1, but usually become Category 2 very, very quickly. Many of the tools that Excellent Supply provides are highly appropriate for Cat 1-3 extraction and remediation - especially the final clean-up. But, again, be very careful with exposure to anything resulting from a flood. You simply do not know what it contains.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
I agree with what Hoss said. I would only recommend using a portable for smallish water intrusion jobs from clean rain water or a broken pipe. Sewage or standing water is another animal altogether which requires specialized equipment and proper training.
Thanks guys for the info I was not planing to get into to big.
I know this is an old thread...but Rick you said :

We will be adding a model with auto-fill and auto-pump out. That model could be useful for pumping water from modest sized water intrusion jobs. It should arrive in the next few weeks.

Did you ever get this machine if so which one is it on your site? I'm looking around for a portable extractor and I have a potentially large hotel I am in the process of doing a proposal for and they occasionally will have something like a bathtub overflow and need the water cleaned up, so I'd like to be able to offer that service so I can meet all their needs.

Thanks!
Yes, this is an OLD thread. We did add the auto-fill / auto-dump model. We handled it for a couple of years. But the sales on that model were too low to support having in the line continuously. So we have opted to just handle the standard TruckPort without auto-fill / auto-dump. But if it is requested - we can still get a machine for you with auto-fill / auto-dump (it's just not in our everyday product line). And best of all, the price for it will be excellent too. So call our office if you're interested and we can get a quote for you on it. The Truckport has proven to be a WINNER for it's balance of power/performance, it's build quality, and its low price. Let us know if we can help you get into a rock-solid porty.