• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
crb & oreck orbiter combo?
I have a Host CRB that Ive been using as a stand alone. But sometimes I need deeper cleaning. I was thinking of using the CRB to agitate and the Oreck Orbiter to extract with pads. Do any of you use this process or method? Which pads do you suggest for extraction for residential? Commercial? Thanks guys!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
The lightweight 12" Oreck Orbiter is a handy tool for cleaning in confined areas. It's also great for stairs. However it would be kind of challenging to clean larger areas with it. If you weren't hoping to achieve high production, combining the Host machine with the Oreck Orbiter is certainly doable, and good results could be achieved. But these tools won't give you very high production. These are both small and lightweight machines. And since we're all in business to make money, I honestly feel you'd be better served with a beefier CRB and/or a beefier orbital scrubber. At the risk of sounding like a salesman, the BrushEncap CRB and/or the Vario Orbital machine would deliver far greater production for you. But if you're limited to using the Host / Orbiter combo - go for it, the results will turn out fine, and when you're in a position you can always upgrade later.
thanks encapman...im not too concerned about production right now until i can upgrade to better equipment....im trying to get quality results. So which pads would i need for residential and commercial?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You could use the 15" MicroBeast bonnets for most carpets.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/MicroBea...p_483.html

And for more delicate cut pile carpets you could use our new 15" MicroCare bonnets.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/MicroCar...p_591.html

Those two bonnets will cover you nicely!
so microfiber better than other bonnets such as cotton/terry cloth? What about on berber?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Here is an overview on microfiber bonnets. I started a new thread to discuss the subject... microfiber bonnets
thanks....rick do you suggest maybe spending the money on a used 175 instead of Oreck Orbitor would be more productive and beneficial?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
A 175 rotary would be a better all around choice if you're looking for a single machine to cover the greatest ground.
but will it clean better than a Oreck Orbitor?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Trust me, you won't have the patience to clean anything larger than a single room with the little 12" Orbiter. Plus it won't make a professional impression for your customers to be working with a tiny household machine. At the very least, you need a real rotary machine (and that's the absolute minimum).

P.S. And the Orbiter will vibrate your hands to the point of buzzing within 10 minutes. The little Orbiter shares nothing in common with the way the Vario oscillates. The Vario does not transmit vibration to your hands. It's the smoothest OP machine we've ever run.
Don't let him fool you. Rick IS a salesman (wink)
BUT I've never seen him steer anyone the wrong way. Always honest advice here.
Cleaning rooms with an orbitor would be like vacuuming a whole house with a dust buster.

Sent from my iPhone
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
I bought a floormac the same as the orbiter then I moved onto a 175 rotary (using both pads mentioned), it is like night & day I only use the Orbiter for stairs now and again.
i concur with the above. i would upgrade your OP (Orbiter) instead of your CRB.

so i would either buy a Vario or look at a used (not used-up) 175. BUT, there is a small learning curve on running a 175. use it in a wide open area at first, your own living room might be best! if you have never run a 175 low speed floor machine, it can hurt you. youtube it.