• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Oops - created post to soon
[Image: uqave3a2.jpg][Image: je5u3yqu.jpg][Image: a4e4e6un.jpg][Image: y2e6aneb.jpg][Image: u2ynave9.jpg]
[Image: u2ynave9.jpg]

Run, don't walk.

In your previous post you outlined that these rugs had previously been cleaned 15 years ago and they returned misshapen. That means the rugs were not dried properly and the warp and/or weft fibers have shrunk. Also the photo above looks like there is damage to the backing.

There are also tough stains on these wool rugs that have likely set up for quite some time. Rugs with spots like you're describing would need to have the spots treated with wool spotting products such as CTI's Stain Magic for wool, and Red Relief for wool. It also would likely need to be cleaned with a submersion method.

These rugs truly sounds like a problem waiting to happen. It sounds like it could turn into an insurance claim if you ask me. I would pass on this job, unless you're extremely knowledgeable about rugs and have the expertise to pull it off. Better safe than sorry. That's just my 2 cents, perhaps someone else will have a different take on it.
I agree with Rick, if the owner doesn"t see the damage and they want it cleaned they are looking for a scape goat. P Cleaner
LOL! Rick is right.....RUN :-)

I'm not a rug expert....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Trying to clean those rugs on location would be a tough one.......explain to the client that because of the delicate conditions of the rugs, they should be placed between screens and washed in an immersion pit. If you don't have a relationship with a local rug cleaning plant - here is your chance to make one. Most will offer discounted rates to carpet cleaners who drop off rugs....allowing you to charge a pick up / delivery fee for the rugs, and maybe make some extra money on the cleaning price if you feel inclined.

This way, the rugs get cleaned better than you would have been able to do in their home.....and you minimize your liability for the actual cleaning - and you make a few extra dollars for your trouble.

Good luck!
Thanks Dave, good info...
Sometimes it is better to take into consideration the obvious choice without any second thoughts about it. Fake/cheap rugs look good than the good ones and that makes the choice even more more difficult to make. I would suggest to sell it off on some sale store or eBay and get good ones from a genuine store (for ex. naturalhomerugs). Rest all will fall in place for a better deal. Rugs are not hard to find but hard to sort out.
  Reply   Purge Spammer