• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microfiber Bonnets
We have two flavors of microfiber bonnets MicroGlide & MicroBeast. We feel that these bonnets can handle the lion's share of what a typical cleaner may encounter. Microfiber is a unique animal. It brings excellent soil suspension and easy cleanability to the table. Here is a brief overview of what we are offering...

We have the MicroGlide bonnets that are safe for just about any carpet. They're gentle enough for most cut pile carpets. On the other hand, cotton and synthetic/blend bonnets tend to get pretty grippy on the carpet fiber and can sometimes distort delicate pile if you're not careful. The MicroGlide's are referred to as "gentle bonnets" yet they still clean extremely well. Their soil capturing properties are outstanding - because that's the nature of microfiber.

We also have the MicroBeast bonnets. These bonnets have scrub strips and provide more agitation than the MicroGlide bonnets. Obviously they're not as well suited for extremely delicate carpets. The MicroBeasts are a terrific all-around bonnet for commercial carpets and a large percentage of residential carpets. They absorb soil extremely well, just like the MicroGlide bonnets. However they also have additional scrubbing action. The MicroBeasts have become an extremely popular bonnet since we first introduced them.

Between the two (MicroGlide & MicroBeast), these bonnets cover the full spectrum of just about anything you might encounter. We have a gentle bonnet where it's needed. And we have an all around scrubbing performer for everything else.

Here is our MicroGlide Bonnet:
19" MicroGlide Bonnet
[Image: micro-glide.jpg]

And here's our MicroBeast Bonnet:
19" MicroBeast Bonnet
[Image: microbeast.jpg]

The BEAUTY of microfiber is the fiber itself. Microfiber has the ability to trap soil within its microfiber strands. Each strand of fiber has the ability to capture and hold soil more efficiently than cotton or other synthetic fibers. And since the base fiber is made from polyester it also rinses very easily. Microfiber bonnets are extremely durable too! We feel that microfiber is the perfect bonnet material.

Here is an image that illustrates the benefits of microfiber over cotton or synthetic fiber. As you can see, microfiber is a superior cleaning fiber. Because microfiber has more surface area, it has the ability to absorb even more soil than cotton. Microfiber is also gentler on the carpet than other fibers because it has such a small denier; 1/100th the diameter of a human hair. Bonnets made from microfiber are also easier to launder than other types of bonnets.

[Image: microfiber-vs-cotton.jpg]
I agree completely. When I started out cleaning with a rotary, I had 6 or 7 different types of bonnets, and I stayed confused about which to use when. Once I tried the micro-fibers, I was completely sold on them. In fact, I don't use the SuperZorbs as a finishing step anymore because the microfibers absorb just as well, and don't look dirty after you wash them. The only two bonnets I use now are the ones Rick has described above, and that has made my life much easier.
Ed Elliott

What is the best way to launder these pads. Are top loading machines hard on them?
They can be laundered in a normal top loader. Wash on gentle cycle. And dry flat.
Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted here...lately I've been getting calls to clean condos...I was thinking of using my orbot instead of HWE, as lugging the mytee m12 in and out of the truck and through the condos is really getting to me!

So for regular cut pile use MicroGlide? How about dingy traffic lanes, can I use the MicroBeast?
And...what releasit juice is the most appropriate for regular residential cut pile?

Thanks!

Joe DeSouza
Joe-
I use the microfiber beasts on resi cut pile (nylon & polyester) all the time. I do not have any issues with them at all. Just keep the carpet lubricated and the machine moving. I use the microfiber without the scrubbing strips for final pad-cap in areas that might need extra moisture or soil absorption.

I use Punch as my exclusive pre-spray, and you can follow that up with any of the Releasit line (DS2, DS1, Basic, Punch) as the situation dictates. If I have lighter colored carpet with protein issues, I will use Hydrox both as the pre-spray and cleaner, as Hydrox does not play well with the others in the Releasit line.

Hope this helps-Ed
Ed Elliott

Ed answered you perfectly Joe. I agree 100%.

Welcome back Joe! Don't be a stranger.
I totally agree that these pads are awesome...and they continue to look good after repeated use unlike the Superzorbs which start to look grey and dirty.

**make sure when you're buying microfiber bonnets to purchase them bigger than your machine diameter, as the pads will shrink a bit over time.**
will both models work smoothly under my Orbot? BTW, i always clean resi with 6 weight plates on my Orbot, if that makes any difference.

thanx! --- Derek.
Derek- I have two Sprayborgs, and these two bonnets are all I ever use, other than fiber pads on cgd. I do not use any weights for cut pile, but do add weight plates if I use the Orbots on cgd. -Ed
Ed Elliott

(03-17-2014, 11:42 AM)Derek Wrote: will both models work smoothly under my Orbot? BTW, i always clean resi with 6 weight plates on my Orbot, if that makes any difference.

You clean residential with 6 weight plates? That seems like a lot of additional weight!

Yes Derek, both of these bonnets will work wonderfully on your Orbot!
When using microfiber & beasts,is it best to get them damp like cotton blended pads or just start out dry on the spray Borg?
Wet them.
Ed Elliott

Rick do you recommend any weights on residential for the Orbot?
I wouldn't recommend it. That's why I find it surprising to hear that Derek is using so much weight for residential.