• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video showing how to use an upholstery mitt
Video 
I saw this over on Mikey's Board. It's a video of Mike Pailiotet using an upholstery mitt with Releasit Encap-Clean DS2. He followed up after using the mitt by extracting the upholstery. The video shows how to use the mitts and how handy they can be for upholstery. I thought it was a valuable video for anyone who cleans upholstery. Good info from Mike!

Here is a link to our upholstery mitts...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/8-inch-B...p_479.html
I love my mitt! I have had great success with it! I like the fact that it is easy to use and you have a lot of control. I extract with my spotter.
Where's his latex gloves ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He doesn't need them, he always uses safe earth friendly products Wink + he's not doing an IRE. Blush

The mitt is a very worthwhile bit of kit, as can be a soft brush, but we prefer to use a Makita variable speed polisher for all of our upholstery.

So much quicker and less energy required for an old fard.

When you do a lot of upholstery, it is essential.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(03-18-2014, 12:02 PM)Anthony Hernandez Wrote: Where's his latex gloves ?

He's using Releasit. Smile
(03-18-2014, 05:41 PM)Shorty Wrote: He doesn't need them, he always uses safe earth friendly products Wink + he's not doing an IRE. Blush

The mitt is a very worthwhile bit of kit, as can be a soft brush, but we prefer to use a Makita variable speed polisher for all of our upholstery.

So much quicker and less energy required for an old fard.

When you do a lot of upholstery, it is essential.

Short 1

Shorty,

Do you normally extract upholstery, or straight encap and groom? Thanks!

Steve
Hi Blue Ridge, my apologies, been AWOL for a few days. Blush

Depending on the fabric & soil load + the type of soiling in the upholstery dictates if we just encap or encap & rinse/extract.

Most upholstery we can get away with straight encap and then towel down.

Those that have sweat or other oily type soiling, or are just plain filthy, we will always rinse/extract afterwards.

Same as urine, etc; these are specialized treatments to clean & sanitize, so rinse/extraction is always our preferred way of dealing with these problems.

Short 1

PS::: I tried to post on your web site but was unable to do so.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(03-21-2014, 09:53 PM)Shorty Wrote: Hi Blue Ridge, my apologies, been AWOL for a few days. Blush

Depending on the fabric & soil load + the type of soiling in the upholstery dictates if we just encap or encap & rinse/extract.

Most upholstery we can get away with straight encap and then towel down.

Those that have sweat or other oily type soiling, or are just plain filthy, we will always rinse/extract afterwards.

Same as urine, etc; these are specialized treatments to clean & sanitize, so rinse/extraction is always our preferred way of dealing with these problems.

Short 1

PS::: I tried to post on your web site but was unable to do so.

Thank you very much for the response Shorty! I have a heated porty that I've used on upholstery, but I have been amazed at what we've been able to do with straight encapping using Rick's chems. Not quite sure what you mean by posting on my website?