• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex , OP, or 300 RPM for commercial carpet cleaning?
Many of you clean commercial carpet and I am getting ready to make a big push in the next few months in this area. I wanted your opinion as to which machine would give me the best results cleaning commercial carpet. I am looking for a comparison between: Trinity OP machine, a 300 rpm buffer , or a Cimex. If you could explain why you think the machine you are suggesting works the best , it would help me out a lot. Thank you, Mike
Hi Mike,

Where to start. Just remember you are on a board that is run by a perseon that sells Cimex machines. Big Grin

How much comm carpet do you plan to do? If it is your main business and you are not doing janitorial work I would go with a Cimex best of the best for comm work and only comm work.

As for a 300 rpm machine, I never used one, I use a 175 machine and it does the job not fast like a Cimex but it does the job. If you do any floor work then I would buy the 300 rpm floor machine.

As for using a Trinity machine, I have never used one, I know the owner John stands behind every machine and has great customer care, just like Rick does. Both these guys know their business.

If you were going to do both comm and resi carpet care I would go with a Trinity then a Cimex.

It all boils down to how much money you have to spend and what type of carpet you will be cleaning.
Mike, I can't comment on the Trinity as we do not have them here.

With four decades in the game, I have certainly used my share of scrubbers/buffers, etc;

I am only comparing a rotary buffer here to a Cimex.

My opinion of the Cimex, which I have had for getting on close to a decade now, is that it's unbeatable.

It has enabled me to enter the profitable world of commercial carpet cleaning which I always used to shy away from previously.

The obvious benefits over a buffer is the counter rotating heads on the Cimex.

The safety aspect, in as much as if the machine is switched on, the handle will not go swinging wildly around in circles.

You do not have to lift and lower to steer the Cimex, this has improved my bad back 90%

Ease & accurate supply of solution to the floor via the shower feed system.

Less chance of fiber blooming.

Maneuverability in tight areas such as office cubicles, under desks, etc;

The wheels, being in contact with the carpet make it so make it so much easier and safer to control.

On/off control is a switch, not a lever, so you are not continually holding the lever on.

RELIABILITY, nearly a decade with no repairs other than replace one solution tank (due to a mishap), some drive boards have come apart which I have been able to easily glue and put back in service and pad replacement which are consumables like solution.

Get the "Big Wheel" kit, this improves the Cimex handling like you would not believe, especially if you have to take it up stairs..

Here's a link to a few bits about the Cimex.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Cimex-CR...p_106.html

As Nike would say, "Just do it".

Shorty.
(08-26-2012, 05:31 PM)Cairnswun Wrote: Mike, I can't comment on the Trinity as we do not have them here.

With four decades in the game, I have certainly used my share of scrubbers/buffers, etc;

I am only comparing a rotary buffer here to a Cimex.

My opinion of the Cimex, which I have had for getting on close to a decade now, is that it's unbeatable.

It has enabled me to enter the profitable world of commercial carpet cleaning which I always used to shy away from previously.

The obvious benefits over a buffer is the counter rotating heads on the Cimex.

The safety aspect, in as much as if the machine is switched on, the handle will not go swinging wildly around in circles.

You do not have to lift and lower to steer the Cimex, this has improved my bad back 90%

Ease & accurate supply of solution to the floor via the shower feed system.

Less chance of fiber blooming.

Maneuverability in tight areas such as office cubicles, under desks, etc;

The wheels, being in contact with the carpet make it so make it so much easier and safer to control.

On/off control is a switch, not a lever, so you are not continually holding the lever on.

RELIABILITY, nearly a decade with no repairs other than replace one solution tank (due to a mishap), some drive boards have come apart which I have been able to easily glue and put back in service and pad replacement which are consumables like solution.

Get the "Big Wheel" kit, this improves the Cimex handling like you would not believe, especially if you have to take it up stairs..

Here's a link to a few bits about the Cimex.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Cimex-CR...p_106.html

As Nike would say, "Just do it".

Shorty.

Guy's thanks for the advice. On residential , I use the VonSchrader and sometimes go over it with a 300 RPM buffer and get great results however, I did a commerical glue down with it and the results where not that good so I encap cleaned it with the 300 RPM buffer. Everything that I have read about the Cimex sounds great except for the cicrles that it may leave behind. I assume I could go back over it with my pilelifter when it is dry and that should correct that issue. I am looking to purchase one in the next few months so it sounds like the Cimex will be my next addition however, I am going to look at the Trinity also. I'll keep you posed. Again thank you for your help.
(08-26-2012, 06:26 PM)MikeHabib Wrote: Guy's thanks for the advice. On residential , I use the VonSchrader and sometimes go over it with a 300 RPM buffer and get great results however, I did a commerical glue down with it and the results where not that good so I encap cleaned it with the 300 RPM buffer. Everything that I have read about the Cimex sounds great except for the cicrles that it may leave behind. I assume I could go back over it with my pilelifter when it is dry and that should correct that issue. I am looking to purchase one in the next few months so it sounds like the Cimex will be my next addition however, I am going to look at the Trinity also. I'll keep you posed. Again thank you for your help.
Mike, I don't have a problems with the circles, neither do my clients.

On a plush pile carpet, if you use a wand and don't groom the carpet, you leave triangular wand marks.

On a plush carpet, if you use a rotary/Cimex/orbital machine, if you don't groom the carpet, you still leave marks of different shapes.

In fact, I rarely rake the carpet unless it is a plush carpet.

There is one exception to this.

I clean a group of travel stores with plush carpet which I don't groom and they love it.

In fact, the managers of the other stores, after seeing the first one, asked me to clean their carpets in the same manner.

Here's a pic or two to explain.

[Image: IMGP0772.jpg]

[Image: IMGP0774.jpg]

I do the above by first cleaning the carpet, then going to the wall and working my way to the front door, using Big Yella like a swing machine, doing one half across at a time, with no solution.

I do one side, then go the the back wall and repeat, this gives the carpet a scalloped effect, which, the managers say, many customers comment on.

On the positive side. Big Grin

This one is a poly carpet in a jewellery store.

[Image: 121.jpg]

Hope this helps.

Shorty.
Mike, buy a carpet rake and rake after using the Cimex