• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the benefit/purpose of a glide?
Watching youtube videos of bonnet cleaners I see some use the velcro glides. What is the purpose of these, and should I get one/use one? I have the vario machine and I am just starting out with VLM.
I'm a bit confused (not unusual), with your term "Velcro Glides".

Teflon Glides go under the lip of a carpet wand when using hot or cold water extraction cleaning.

The Glide I THINK you are referring to is the one for op or rotary type machines that have a backing of Velcro. ??

The purpose of these in my opinion, is to break down the surface tension of the carpet.

This means that when using a bonnet on the carpet, this creates drag on the carpet and also bogging down of the motor which could burn the motor out.

Placing a Glide underneath will reduce that surface tension because the Glide is smooth and will allow the bonnet to run easily over the surface.

I hope that is correct, if I'm wrong please tell me, 'cos; I still forget things. Rolleyes

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
That's exactly right Shorty, well put!

The glides are used to lessen the drag on the carpet with an OP machine.

But the new MicroGlide bonnets have kind of eliminated the need for using glides.
https://www.excellent-supply.com/MicroGl...p_593.html