• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need big time help!
Ok, so I live in Windsor Canada, I'm 36 years old and I found out on Monday that In 2 weeks my job will no longer exist. I have been researching vlm cleaning for about a year so I do have some knowledge on this cleaning method and industry. Obviously I have a lot to learn. I do have a house and 2 kids but my wife makes good money so we should be ok for a bit. My questions for the experts is what equipment should I start with? I have about 8k saved but it I think I should hold on to it, I'll use a little for advertising and hold on to the rest. I'm going to finance 5-8k through Excellent Supply. I'm looking for responses about all the equipment I need. I made my own list but I need advice. I'm looking to do residential, apartment and hopefully commercial jobs as well.

I appreciate any response, I'm freaking out, can't sleep at all. I need help.
Thanks a million for the replies.
Trevor
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Trevor, may I suggest that you find a local cleaner and spend a bit of time working with him or her? It will be peanuts at first, but if you are up front about wanting to learn, you will get a feel for different methods. The best part is that you avoid the really expensive mistakes. I hope. Good luck!
With Respect,
Stephen
Trevor, you made the right choice dealing with excellent supply. Call them and they will help you with the correct equipment. They will not try to over sell you and they will tell you your best options. They have everything you will need to get into the business. Good luck! Take it one day at a time. JMO!!!!
What's your area like? Is there a good bit of commercial work around you? Or will you be looking at getting more into residential? The BrushEncap machine is a simple and affordable machine you might want to consider. It can cross over between residential and commercial carpet cleaning. And you can market "Low Moisture" as a niche. There are successful companies using this machine for their primary cleaning method. That machine along with a small extractor like the Gecko could provide an easy entry point. Shoot me a message with your number and I'll call you to see if I can help walk you through the best options... rick at excellent-supply.com

Here is a link to the BrushEncap machine...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/BrushEnc...p_101.html

And here is a link to the Gecko extractor...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Gecko-Sp...p_249.html
I definitely give you a call everyone tells me you are the guy to talk to. Thanks.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Ok, you've found Excellent Supply. Stick with them, and limit the time you spend with other cleaners. If you focus on one or two mentors, you'll be better off, because questions put before the community as a whole can be terribly confusing. Once you get some time under your belt, you'll then be better equipped to determine what's coming out of left field from the lunatic fringe.