• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie - need help
Hi all.  I was so delighted to find this forum!  I found it through reading a thread due to a Google search on encapsulation.

I'm a superintendent of a four-year-old luxury condominium building for the past six months and a part-time cleaner, but I didn't know about encapsulation until today.  Blush  I've only recently started researching VLM methods because the carpets in my building are a mess.  Up until now, they have been using HWE -- wicking and streaking abound.

It appears that no one around this area is doing encapsulation and all cleaning supply companies focus solely on extraction.

Long story short, the berber on our five floors is a mess (I'm very picky).  There is no padding.  It is simply glued to the cement floor.

Any attempt I make at extraction only makes it worse.

I have access to a Taski floor machine and wonder if there is a way that I can use it, together with proper pads and chemistry, to clean up this mess.  I have a low budget.

My last and final attempts today at extraction have me completely exhausted and disheartened.  I'd be over the moon for any and all suggestions.

Slainte,
Wanda
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Hi Wanda,

Welcome!  Smile

Over the moon? Prepare to go past the mon and out to the edge of the galaxy Wink

Yes, a good encap program can and will solve your problems. What you're experiencing is very common with commercial glue down carpet. Encap is the answer. 

You can use your Taski floor machine. Mount a shampoo/solution tank to it if it doesn't have one already.

Get some Encap-Clean DS2, as well as some FiberPlus pads... available here... http://excellent-supply.com

1. Pre-vacuum the carpet.
2. Shampoo the carpet with Releasit.
3. Accelerate drying with fans and ventilation.
4. Prepare to be impressed. 

Of the 4 steps above - you're going to love number 4. Smile
Thank you so much, Encapman! I have been watching some YouTube videos of this in action and have to say that I'm already very impressed. Smile

I'm sorry about all of the questions, but I'm a little lost on how I would set up a shampoo/solution tank to the Taski. I'm sure I can find some ideas online. Perhaps you have some already? I'm very mechanically minded so can jerry-rig just about anything.

I'll also look online now for the Release-it, Encap-Clean DS2 and the FiberPlus pads (my local suppliers don't carry those items unfortunately). Thanks for the link and the info! I really appreciate it!

Slainte,
Wanda
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Cool. I found a tank kit on line which will do very nicely rather than running around getting all of the fittings, etc. I also had to begin to source a Canadian supplier for the Encap-Clean DS2 and FiberPlus pads, for which I've started here:

http://www.cimex-releasit.ca/

They are the distributors, but will give you a local dealer -- I'm waiting to hear from them. I'm on my way, Encapman! Thanks again!

Slainte,
Wanda
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Here's a shampo tank. Mounts directly to a rotary machine. http://www.excellent-supply.com/Mytee-Wa...p_174.html
Wow, I like the looks of that tank. Mine has a small opening with no cap. It is top heavy and ungainly. I wish I had seen this one first, it is no more than I paid for the other one.
With Respect,
Stephen
That tank may look fabulous, and don't get me wrong - it's a very nice tank, but your tank will likely perform as well. Don't envy the tank  Tongue

One thing I actually like better about a "less fancy" tank is the simplicity of filling a basic tank. The Mytee Wave tank is great. But a more basic tank has no lid to deal with - just pour in the solution and keep running. Those extra seconds and minutes add up.
True about the minutes adding up. However, our company motto is "We may be small, but we're slow!"

Truth in advertising, hahaha.

Hey Wanda, Mille failte! Ciamar a tha sibh?

(Bout all the Gaelic I have...)
With Respect,
Stephen
I just used DS2 on a 3,500 sq ft of commercial carpet. The client and their staff were absolutely amazed by its appearance... 5 people came up and ask me for business cards when I stopped by for my 750.00 check...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice work Tom!!! Smile