• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50% residential 50% commercial
With a $5000 budget to start up could the below equipment get me started.

I will be cleaning small commercial properties some residential / apartment move-in and move-outs.

Brush Pro 15
Mytee EC 17 or Vario 2
Dyson vac
Releas-it Chems

Will I still need an extractor and wand or rotary?

I apologize...new to carpet cleaning and learned about encapsulation cleaning in my CCT class two weeks ago.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A small spot extractor might come in handy. Just in case you need to flush something.
Vario is the way to go. It's a proven machine with great support!
Get a good quality sprayer.
I would go with a Shark instead of the Dyson.
A Rota Drill Brush Attachment would help you with cleaning stairs also.
What you have suggested should make for a great start!

Don't apologize for being new. We have all been there!
Welcome to the wonderful world of low moisture carpet cleaning!
Thanks Lee!

Do you know if there is a Vario 2 distributor in the Dallas/Fort Worth area? My only concern with this machine would be where to bring for servicing if needed.

You would have to speak with Rick about distributors.
I believe if you know the difference between a screwdriver and wrench you should be fine.
To be honest you should have very little problems with that unit. As I said it has been a proven platform for years. Ricks additions take it to a new level for VLM.
The folks at Excellent have always be very helpful when I needed help with a part or advice.
(05-12-2016, 12:57 PM)lee@deepclean.us.com Wrote: You would have to speak with Rick about distributors.
I believe if you know the difference between a screwdriver and wrench you should be fine.
To be honest you should have very little problems with that unit.  As I said it has been a proven platform for years.  Ricks additions take it to a new level for VLM.
The folks at Excellent have always be very helpful when I needed help with a part or advice.

As Lee said, there's not much that could possibly go wrong that we can't help walk you through. We provide all the tech support and hand holding than anyone might need.

As mentioned above, a small portable extractor is a good idea. The Gecko would fit that need nicely. And as mentioned above, you might also consider a Drill Driver to do stairs.

I would also not recommend a Dyson or Shark vacuum. Get a Proteam upright instead. It's never a very good idea to walk into a customer's place with a vacuum that they could buy at Walmart. The Proteam vacs are strong!

After that, you could go with the Vario2. The BrushEncap is nice, but you probably could get by just fine starting out with the Vario2. It will cover a lot of ground for you! The Vario2 with MicroBeast bonnets for commercial carpet and MicroGlide bonnets for residential is a very solid approach for low moisture cleaning.

For chemicals, Encap-Clean DS2 will cover a wide range of carpet conditions. You might also like to have Encap-HydrOx for light colored carpet where you want an extra "pop" in the color. Encap-Punch will serve you well as a pre-spray when needed, and can also be used as an extraction detergent with the Gecko. And some Encap-Spot on the side will handle stubborn spots.

That covers the basics. And that equipment line up will also leave you with money in your checking account. Money that can be used for marketing, web-dev, SEO, etc. Let us know if we can help you. Smile
Thank you Rick!

Does the Vario 2 do any tile and grout, hard floors? If not, what equipment would I need to add to this line up.

Would the CMS commercial marketing service be a good place to start with
advertisement?

The CMS can help you get started.

The Vario2 can be fitted with hardwood attachments.
We are also bringing in a tile & grout brush for it soon.
And of course, it can scrub floors.
Great! It looks like Excellent Supplies has everything I need.

I really appreciate the information!