• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing an acid or alkaline encap?
As a cleaner who only does residential carpet using a range of products including the releasit range I sometimes wonder If I always make the right choice of encap for each job and afterwards look back and wonder if the encap I never used would have been better.  Having read a lot about bonnet cleaning it seems that many people believe that a high alkaline is required for soiling so this would indicate that ds2 would be better than hydrox for dirt removal but obviously the ingredients of hydrox are better for browning e.t.c  Does hydrox remove soil as well as ds2 and when should I be choosing one encap over the other.  Thanks
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Alkalinity is only one component. There are a number of profiles that contribute to a product's performance.

Encap-Clean DS2 is a workhorse! No other way top put it. DS2 is a monster that'll knock out the majority of anything you can throw at it. DS2 sets the standard for encap, not just in our product line, but in the industry as a whole.

Encapsulation-HydrOx is also great for a wide range of situations. It's especially good for any type of organic soil, and for browning. It also imparts a natural color-pop from the hydrogen peroxide. It's not as much of a brute force cleaner as DS2, but with a little additional dwell time it comes into its own. We have many customers who now use Encap-HydrOx for the bulk of their work.

Both products have their strengths and a solid following. Hope that gives you some ideas you can work with.
I think it also depends on if your using HWE because of the heat. Having the DS2 and HydrOx are something you should definitely have on your truck. Chemistry has made it easier for the cleaner that encapsulates. It was more important when I was on a TM but ever since I was low moisture it was much less of a concern for me. That's just how I see it but I'm sure there are other opinions!
Does the peroxide in hydrox have any negative affects on the pumps of sprayers or encap machines with onboard sprayers?
Have not seen or heard of any adverse affects. Shouldn't be a problem.
Hey Rick, isn't DS2 pretty much neutral after diluted?
Just above neutral.
Tremendously above exceptional.