• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrub 3?
Hey Rick, what ever happened to the scrub 3? Did it not work out?

I thought it was a genius idea!

Do you have any left or know of anyone selling one?
I have been tinkering with an orbital head conversion for 175's. Just not sure that the speed is enough.
I have one that I would be willing to sell.
(12-11-2013, 08:21 PM)Shane Wrote: I have one that I would be willing to sell.

Sweet can you tell me a little about it? How much?

You can PM me If you like?
(12-11-2013, 11:21 AM)Lefty724 Wrote: Hey Rick, what ever happened to the scrub 3? Did it not work out?

The Scrub3 didn't work as swell as we had hoped. After investing thousands of dollars and a ton of time into the project, we decided to pull the plug. I still think that it's an idea that has merit, and we may open it back up at some point.

One idea at a tame though... Our VARIO Spray System mounted to the LowBoy with the SWK has been in the spotlight lately. But give us a little time, and hopefully we can look into developing the Scrub3 with some revisions.
Thanks for the reply Rick!

I still think it was/is an awesome idea! What was it that you guys didn't like about it? Did it clean well?

The reason I'm so interested is because I'm looking for a Cimex, but love the simplicity of my 175. If I could get Cimex results with my 175 and the scrub 3.... That would be prefect!
Lefty,
All you need then is three 175"s (wallbangers) tied together and skills like this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I816mZesQqw Smile
I must admit that I also liked the idea of the Scrub 3 in theory.

But I do have some misgivings that it would perform as well as a Cimex, especially when the added weight of the Mex; is taken into consideration.

The Mex; in my opinion, is the greatest maintenance/restorative cleaner on two wheels (that also has three on the floor as standard). Big Grin

I guess I'm just a bit prejudiced towards all rotary machines after seeing a lot of back problems go after the last rotary went. Tongue

Do yourself a favour, buy a Cimex as soon as you can, it will make a world of difference to the way you clean.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I agree with shorty on this. Since getting my Cimex I no longer have any use for a 175. If im cleaning carpet, the Cimex is the obvious choice. Need to scrub grout? The Cimex is easier and gets superior results. Need to strip small VCT? That is what the Cimex was originally built for!

So if you do a bunch of floor work, the Cimex is the way to go.
(12-14-2013, 12:23 PM)ebarnett Wrote: especially when the added weight of the Mex; is taken into consideration.

In fact a rotary or a LowBoy machine will have as much - or quite possibly even more HEAD WEIGHT than a Cimex. The Cimex and the Orbot have pivoting heads, so a portion of the total weight rides on the wheels. By comparison, rotary machines as well as the LowBoy have all of the weight riding on the head of the machine. And that's more weight for scrubbing. But that being said, I agree completely that the Cimex is the bomb, in a class to itself - due to the fact that the drivers are turning in a planetary motion (drive deck turns right while the brushes spin left). And since the Cimex scrubs right and left at the same time, its unique scrubbing action can not be beat (goes beyond the benefits of weight alone).
I agree, EXCEPT for your quoted source. AngryAngryBig GrinTongue

This'll cost you a pint of Guinness next time. Wink

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I would love to sit and have a pint of Guiness with you Shorty. That'd be nice Smile
(12-15-2013, 12:59 AM)Shorty Wrote: I agree, EXCEPT for your quoted source. AngryAngryBig GrinTongue

This'll cost you a pint of Guinness next time. Wink

Short 1

Whew!! For once I thought I was wrong. Glad I was mistaken!