• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 dodge cv tradesman
Will be picking up Mon .. This will be our lowmoisture and rug pick up and delivery truck. Will be getting lettered very soon.
Now the 2 trucks with truckmounts can stay in the shop except for a water damage call.
Winter carpet cleaning we now use low moisture extraction and hopefully summer months. Pcleaner
Just looked at one of those the other day.
Cool! Hope it works out well for you. Will you be getting a wrap on it?
Rick the dealership pays up to $500.00 for lettering so I will be getting it lettered. Pcleaner
Been looking for the past few weeks for a nice used one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldrcW4nzAM
P Cleaner - I will be interested in your impressions after you have had a chance to use it for awhile. I am in the market for a van, and am wrestling around with the small van choices vs the Express 1500 setup we are currently using. Very curious about the ability to stand up an Orbot or Cimex inside the cargo area.
Ed Elliott

Ed,
I stand both my Cimex and my Orbot up in the back of my van.

The Cimex, I have the handle straight up prior to pushing up the ramps and then sit it straight onto the floor where it belongs.

The Sprayborg is a different matter at the handle is so much higher and because they are both located at the rear door, I can't move it the same way.

This is easily solved my adjusting the handle down several notches, rolling it in and then standing the handle straight up.

Bearing in mind that where the rear door is, is several inches lower than the roof lining.

Problem solved.

If the handle is still too high for the van you are looking at, keep the handle at a lower level when putting into the van and position it where you want it.

Then undo the latches that keep the handle straight and fold the handle in half, then stand the handle upright again, keeping the handle folded.

[Image: sb-folded-t_zps9d4a40c0.jpg]

If the Cimex is also too high, you may also have to adjust the handle down to below roof level for transporting it, but the more the handle is lowered, the longer the space is needed for it to fit in.

Hope this helps.

Short 1
I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or no longer love what I do.
Stop moving, start dying........
The video shows some really nice features. It looks like Dodge put a lot of thought into this one.

Since the video is comparing the Dodge to a Transit Connect - I notice a couple of important things they didn't mention.

It'd be good to compare the actual gas mileage:
Dodge Ram CV 18 city / 26 highway
Transit Connect 22 city / 29 highway

Also it'd be good to compare floor to ceiling height:
Dodge Ram CV 49"
Transit Connect 59"

I really appreciate the additional height for wiggling a Cimex into the back!
The 3.6L Pentastar V6 is a great engine. 305 HP, real towing capacity, great mileage. I have it in my new Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 and can still get 24 mpg on the highway with a four wheel drive and a quad cab. The V6 I have in my older Dodge Ram 1500 van is 75 less HP with much less gas mileage. Transit connect is 169HP or 178 using premium fuel. For a work truck, I would go with fairly good gas mileage that can still be written off a 56 cents a mile with a powerful engine over a few more mpg and an engine that may not get me up the hill too many times with a full load.

But, I do think it does depend on the terrain and what you plan to carry. In Florida, your engine might never have to downshift to make it up a hill, so a Transit might make the most sense.
Robert Balliot
President
Hoss Home Care, LLC
http://hosshomecare.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/robertballiot
I agree Robert. Even in Florida, the Transit Connect is kinda wimpy when you put your foot into it. You've gotta allow the hamsters sufficient time to get their wheel spinning before you merge into traffic. I like the van for hauling around carpet cleaning equipment though. It's a very functional work truck. But in the hills or in a mountainous region, more power would be nice to have.
Rick, you have elaborated on my two major concerns: inside height and drive train. The hills here in southwest Virginia are taxing, and I fear the 4 cylinder automatics would just be dogs.....
Ed Elliott

i have a Transit and live in the mountains of western North Carolina. It's fine for in town driving, but is dog azz slow on the hills. The good news is that it pulls up the hills the same whether loaded or unloaded. I still would not trade the higher roof height, 180 degree opening rear doors, and the low floor (easy loading), for the larger engine and less fuel economy.
Shorty-I've seen the pictures you have posted of your set-up, and it seems to be very nice. That being said, with the departure of the Astro/Safari some years ago, we in the states either get full size or small size, with nothing in-between. Your van seems to be the "Goldilocks" size.....
Ed Elliott

I saw a wheelchair accessible caravan today at a senior home we clean. (power ramp from the rear with a channeled floor). That would be awesome for loading the Cimex, etc.. and would make securing the machines easy too.
Looked like this one...
http://annarbor.olx.com/2008-dodge-grand...-193867576#
I think that wheelchair ramp mechanism would take up a lot of interior real estate.

For smaller vans, here's a simple approach. This aluminum ramp is amazing. It's lightweight, wide enough for carpet equipment, has incredible tread grip, and doesn't take up much space inside the van.
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Link-Alu..._p_14.html