• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odor after Hydrox
I CIMEX'd a doctor's office last night with Hydrox, a hydrogen peroxide solution by Releasit (Excellent Supply), for removing brown haze after encapping Saturday with Releasit DS2 & Encap Punch.  Had a rain storm so dry time was extended.  It's dry now, just got a call from Office manager complaining of odor.  Any suggestion(s) for neutralizing odors after carpet's dry?   Thanks, I'm in a bind!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(10-24-2018, 12:27 PM)MSI Wrote: igh
I CIMEX'd a doctor's office last night with Hydrox, a hydrogen peroxide solution by Releasit (Excellent Supply), for removing brown haze after encapping Saturday with Releasit DS2 & Encap Punch.  Had a rain storm so dry time was extended.  It's dry now, just got a call from Office manager complaining of odor.  Any suggestion(s) for neutralizing odors after carpet's dry?   Thanks, I'm in a bind!

OK, didn't hear from anyone. Left an ozone machine on (with Dr's approval) & lightly sprayed some Enz-Odor II from Triple S at 1:32 on the dry carpet. Hopefully the customer will be satisfied.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I would be extremely hesitant to add moisture to any furnishings when using an Ozone machine.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
(10-24-2018, 12:27 PM)MSI Wrote: I CIMEX'd a doctor's office last night with Hydrox, a hydrogen peroxide solution by Releasit (Excellent Supply), for removing brown haze after encapping Saturday with Releasit DS2 & Encap Punch.  Had a rain storm so dry time was extended.  It's dry now, just got a call from Office manager complaining of odor.  Any suggestion(s) for neutralizing odors after carpet's dry?   Thanks, I'm in a bind!

would like to hear answer to this?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

It's unusual that there would be an odor like you described. My guess is that there may be some type of soiling that's deeper down in the fiber that may still be present. That could've also been a factor that led to the browning. Perhaps whatever soil that contributed to the browning is imparting a musty smell. You also mentioned extended dry times which can likewise add to a musty smell (dry times should typically run 2 hours or less when encap cleaning with Releasit). Without actually seeing the carpet in person - it would seem that the extended dry times, and the likelihood of impacted soil deeper down in the pile would be the most likely culprits.

Recommendations: Would it be possible for you to thoroughly flush the carpet with HWE? That should help to unload any build-up of soil that may be present at the base of the pile. Following the HWE cleaning, you could then follow up with a low moisture post-encap cleaning. Additionally I would highly recommend using Odorcide on this one. You can mix Odorcide directly with your Releasit detergent and it won't mess up the encap properties - plus it's also highly effective.

Hope this helps.