• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex,op machine road rash / what do you do to prevent it
I use a ford escape and tow a 5x8 trailer if needed. When I converted from hwe and gas powered truck mount I got rid of my 8-9 mile a gal van and decided to truly make an effort to be green. Now that I have my new low boy I was wondering if cleaners keep them upright or lay them down in your trucks. Also with the cimex do you keep it in the running position or transport position. I wonder if the bouncing around damages the drive plate or shaft.. Thanks
Do you have a Cimex, Rob?

If so, how do you get the solution out of the tank so you can transport it?

(07-01-2013, 11:18 PM)Rob D Wrote: I use a ford escape and tow a 5x8 trailer if needed. When I converted from hwe and gas powered truck mount I got rid of my 8-9 mile a gal van and decided to truly make an effort to be green. Now that I have my new low boy I was wondering if cleaners keep them upright or lay them down in your trucks. Also with the cimex do you keep it in the running position or transport position. I wonder if the bouncing around damages the drive plate or shaft.. Thanks
Just disconnect the hose at the bottom of the cimex tank and it will drain. I have a transit and transport the cimex upright with pads down. It moves around a lot less and of course i try to strap it in good. Some solution can be left in the tank this way, but if you are laying it down in the escape you would need to drain the tank. I always try to guess how much solution I will need near the end of a job and try to waste as little as possible. Also always transport with a set of pads attached this will help protect the drivers from wear.
Great info. Is that hose difficult to attach and reattach?

Thanks

(07-01-2013, 11:57 PM)ebarnett Wrote: Just disconnect the hose at the bottom of the cimex tank and it will drain. I have a transit and transport the cimex upright with pads down. It moves around a lot less and of course i try to strap it in good. Some solution can be left in the tank this way, but if you are laying it down in the escape you would need to drain the tank. I always try to guess how much solution I will need near the end of a job and try to waste as little as possible. Also always transport with a set of pads attached this will help protect the drivers from wear.
(07-02-2013, 01:43 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Great info. Is that hose difficult to attach and reattach?

Thanks

D, the hose is super easy to disconnect and empty. i do it most of the time in the winter, just to keep the plumbing from freezing. freezing doesn't hurt a thing, but it has taken up to an hour to thaw the sol tank and tube/hose on a few jobs...very annoying!!

oh but you don't have to worry about that now do you...
Good info above.

Transport the Cimex with pads on and head down.

With an orbital machine, it's not a bad idea to find a way to cradle the head of the machine to take the stress of bouncing along with stress being absorbed through the pad driver. That stress could possibly tweak the counterweight assembly. This is not a huge issue, but it could be a problem. Not a big concern, but it could develop.
I'm using a Chevy suburban with rear seat removed. I lay the challenger down and strap it down to the floor (it has tie down rings in the floor) drain the solution tank into a bucket if its not all used. I keep a 5 gal bucket with snap on lid on the truck for that and / or hot water. Crb and vac lay down same way then all chems and pads are arranged in plastic tubs. Extension cords wrapped up and hang from ceiling. It works pretty well.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
Damon

Yes I have a cimex and love it! It's very easy to drain hose goes on and off real easy. I've been laying my lowboy and crb down in the escape. I dont like to leave the crb upright because the handle seems like it could be a problem of road rash. Reason I brought this up is I was restructuring my trailer and was adding in hold downs to use more ratchet straps to secure things. Thanks for sharing guys