• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used Cimex...
I need your pro advice... I can get a used Cimex for a acceptable price. I will test the machine and need to know if there are some special things i have to look for...

Here are some pics of the machine :

[Image: 57c1882594e6f2de2fe171356e4ea698.jpg][Image: c16063e4ee83278cc449bf5cc7a99811.jpg][Image: d44b20c41deaeba15fedc45f5293444f.jpg][Image: 47bbf92e072e9c2e684f68b49baf0666.jpg][Image: ce950d30a16ef2204b9742a63796c312.jpg]
Buy it.

That machine is pretty fresh looking. The white bumper isn't even dingy. It's impossible to tell you with 100% certainty that it's a peach, but from those photos I'd think it's a pretty safe venture. If the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. And if it turns out that you need some assistance with repairs you can reach out to us and we can guide you along the way.
I agree with Rick.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Thanks Rick and Shorty. Will test the machine the next days and probably buying it.
So, i tested the Cimex, everything is fine and i bought the machine! It is a bulldozer [emoji16]. But i use a ramp.
Picked it up today and will do my first job in two weeks for a hotel. They want me to clean their hallways and two restaurants.

I have read that it could be diffecult to suspend the right amount of solution. Do you have some advice for me to not overwet the carpet?
Here ya go... https://www.excellent-supply.com/Tips-fo..._b_32.html
Thanks a lot for the link with the instructions! One question: should the solution valve under the tank complete open or only 1/2 or 3/4?
Same with the trigger on the left handle...should i trigger it complete or only a little bit?
Valve is all the way open.

Trigger is wide open on the moderately fast "wet-pass". And feather the trigger very lightly on the moderately slow "dry-pass".
Pick up the big wheel kit.Work smarter,not harder.
Patrick, unfortunately the big wheel kit is not available for me. Ordered some 10" wheels and will try to install them on my own.
Bernd, I got my original wheels & tyres from a shop for disabled people.

Whatever size you decide on, you may have to take them to a machine shop and have the centres reamed out slightly to fit on the axle.

The centres on mine only needed about 1,000 of an inch taken off to make a snug fit.

DON'T try this yourself, because unless your wheel is sitting tightly in a jig, you might drill off-centre, then the wheels will wobble as you move along.

Here's my original against the Cimex.

I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Thanks Shorty. Will follow your advice.

I am realy excited how the Cimex will work. I have seen almost every video on youtube and saw many cleaner foaming up the carpet with so much solution. Some are feathering the trigger every few seconds....some hold the trigger wide open. I think i have to find my way with some experience.
Finished my home made big wheel kit[WHITE SMILING FACE]. Wheels fit perfect! The toughest job was to take off the hub caps... The difference is unbelievable. Drives very smooth and flexible.

Here are two pics.

[Image: c0f5afdf7adbbf8533a1087e564ac91b.jpg][Image: ed96515f49675262d4d478a42d93e511.jpg]
Looking good mate.

One other thing that I did with mine, I don't know if others agree or not.

I also do a lot of lift lobbies that are very small, some less than 20' long.

For these, I don't need 50' of cable laying on the floor.

So I cut mine cable short & made a "pig tail" out of it.

I also have a weatherproof joiner box to connect an extension lead.

If I only need a small lead, that is what I use.

Although I do keep a 50' lead on at all times, when I am doing a small area, it is quick & simple to replace with a smaller lead.

You appreciate it when you have many levels & are not wasting time unrolling & rolling-up 50' of cable on each level.

In the pic, you can see that I have it screwed onto an aluminium spotter holder, this goes over the front of the Cimex & has my web site address for all to see when I'm working.

Hope this helps someone.

[attachment=353]

Attached Files Image(s)

I like the aluminium spotter holder! Will help on big commercial jobs. Very good idea!