Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,225
» Latest member: agemaagency
» Forum threads: 1,915
» Forum posts: 12,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 115 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 115 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
The EncapBoard is Now Clo...
Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Last Post: encapman
12-24-2020, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12,418
cleaning glue down carpet
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,750
7-Part Commercial Carpet ...
10-07-2020, 04:25 PM
» Views: 2,578
Releasit & Fiber pads in ...
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
» Views: 3,585
Cleaning Solutions in hea...
08-30-2020, 09:56 PM
» Views: 4,167
ox-Erase
08-18-2020, 05:26 PM
» Views: 4,392
Noisy Cimex
07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 7,865
NEW Excellent Supply Webs...
07-13-2020, 05:14 PM
» Views: 3,863
New joiners
Last Post: Lounge Lizards
04-17-2020, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,220
Gecko 7-foot Extender Hos...
03-21-2020, 06:25 AM
» Views: 8,031

Safari Browser Bug
Posted by: encapman - 08-09-2012, 11:00 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

There's a bug in the latest version of the Safari browser on the Mac, and it affects message boards such as this one. The bug is in Safari 6 and it only occurs on Mac OSX (not IOS - iPhone, iPad, etc).

Take a look at the image below. There is a weird box inside the "Reply" window in Safari on the Mac. This just started with the latest Safari update.

Other browsers on the Mac work fine. So if you're using a Mac (as I am), you can access the EncapBoard using another browser such as Firefox or Chrome. For now that's the only way you'll be able to post replies until Apple fixes the Safari bug. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

[Image: weird-safari-box.jpg]

Jewellery stores
Posted by: Cairnswun - 08-07-2012, 07:03 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (3)

Do many of you clean jewellery stores?

I've found them very profitable.

Although I'm only in a small town, I have five stores that I clean, (although not regularly enough), in three shopping centres.

Good thing about these is the fact that I also have five travel agents, two each in two of the above centres, so I can tie them in at the same time.

This is the first time I have done this store, on recommendation from another one.

[Image: 121.jpg]

[Image: 126.jpg]

Sorry about the poor image quality, I HATE these mobile phone cameras, much prefer the old 35mm where you steady the camera with your face. Big Grin

Shorty.

Carpet Photo / Not Contest
Posted by: Charles - 08-07-2012, 02:52 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

Here is a pic of a commercial carpet that was cleaned by
a janitorial company. Every time they clean the carpet comes
out like this. Way too much soap & water. In some spots
there are wheel marks from their push extractor and footprints.
This business gets these results all the time, they are not happy
but always fail to call someone to correct it. I was asked the other day of what I could do and I did
a test spot which of course came out good and I'm still waiting
for the phone call. I think the end results will be the janitorial company will run water over this
and suck up the soap and the business will continue to complain. You get what
you pay for. What would one of your customers say to you if your company produced results like this?
YOU'RE FIRED !!!!

[Image: 7722455698_6373292212.jpg]

Question for Shelly Brown
Posted by: encapman - 08-07-2012, 12:48 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

Who are you?

Your posts sound kind of Spammy.

So tell us a little bit about yourself, your experince in the business, etc. Let us know why we should believe that you're legit. Otherwise we may have to say farewell.

NOT CARPET - DANGER WARNING
Posted by: Cairnswun - 08-05-2012, 10:50 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

For those of you that live in hot climates and use a GPS, take notice of what happened previously.

http://www.safetyrisk.com.au/2012/05/12/...ety-alert/

Hopefully, this may save someone's vehicle, and possibly a life.

Shorty.

Cimex Delivery System
Posted by: Mark Shannon - 08-05-2012, 12:46 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (3)

Over the last two weeks been flat out with my Cimex and new to the UK DS 2, coupled with Fibreplus pads.
Love the machine and Releasit.

However my only gripe is getting a consistent feed and even distribution of encap, find I am often putting to much down in some areas.

Setting chemical feed to 7 o'clock. Is it better to pre-spray the encap down? Would prefer to use machines delivery system. How far should a full tank stretch on medium soiled carpet tiles?

Which is the preferred Realeasit chemical DS2 or the HP boosted version?

Mark

Questions from a newbie
Posted by: CleanItGreen - 08-02-2012, 07:32 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (10)

I'm new to the carpet cleaning business and could use some advice from you experienced guys.

A little background: I decided to use encap as my bread and butter carpet cleaning technique, and I initially opted to go with a Procaps cylindrical brush machine for agitation. My supply guy here in town sold me on how a cimex would be better so I went with that. All fine and good, until I realized getting 125 pounds of unbalanced machine up and down residential stairs was a pain. So I went back and got the procaps machine. using bio encap (fits with my "green" theme) carpets looked great...except for the fact that stains and spills didn't really respond. so I picked up a spotting kit, and figured that would do the trick but I'm spending a lot of time dealing with spots and spills. A chance conversation with Rick, and he let me know that while encap and cimex were great for commercial, encap in general is not the best for residential. So after weighing getting a 175 or OP machine vs extractor, I ordered an extractor due to hearing from people who have had their carpets cleaned via someone with a 175 that spots simply reappeared soon after the cleaning and that the bonnets only clean the top part of the carpet.

Here is where I could use some feedback from you guys. Someone else told me that a 175 is great if used correctly, so now i'm again trying to decide whether to go get one and send the extractor back, get one and keep the extractor, or simply go the extraction route. my main issue is that I want to cut down on the time spent getting spots and stains out of carpet. encap hydrox seems to work better than bio encap, but again, i still end up getting stuff up by hand. Also, is there a general purpose spot remover that tends to work best on spots in carpets? fyi, I do have a hot water spot extractor.

thanks for the responses. i will sit back and learn.

New Corner Stair Guard
Posted by: KLNSTEC - 08-01-2012, 08:41 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (3)

We hope to have this new item out in the market within the next months.
This new patent pending corner stair guard has two moveable legs to adjust to the corner of L-Shape stairs. One leg will adjust to a landing while the other sits on a stair.
Please see my website for futher details, and also please leave any feedback you may have
David Alonso
Klnstec Carpet & Tile Care
www.DukGuard.com
David@dukguard.com

She Finally Arrived!!
Posted by: Blue Ridge Floor Care - 07-31-2012, 06:03 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (4)

The Big Banana arrived safely and is resting in my office. Time to put the Big wheel kit on and put her to work!!
[Image: cimex2.jpg][/img]

Cimex problems
Posted by: crptman - 07-26-2012, 07:21 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

My cimex just started slowing down & it was blowing the breakers at a house today. The only way it will work at all is not put any weight on the pads. Can this be fixxed or do I need a new one? Any help would be great. Thanks, Harold