Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,225
» Latest member: agemaagency
» Forum threads: 1,915
» Forum posts: 12,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 69 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 69 Guest(s)

Latest Threads
The EncapBoard is Now Clo...
Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Last Post: encapman
12-24-2020, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12,518
cleaning glue down carpet
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,803
7-Part Commercial Carpet ...
10-07-2020, 04:25 PM
» Views: 2,625
Releasit & Fiber pads in ...
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
» Views: 3,654
Cleaning Solutions in hea...
08-30-2020, 09:56 PM
» Views: 4,219
ox-Erase
08-18-2020, 05:26 PM
» Views: 4,437
Noisy Cimex
07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 7,964
NEW Excellent Supply Webs...
07-13-2020, 05:14 PM
» Views: 3,907
New joiners
Last Post: Lounge Lizards
04-17-2020, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,301
Gecko 7-foot Extender Hos...
03-21-2020, 06:25 AM
» Views: 8,095

Test clean
Posted by: Ades Gros - 07-25-2012, 04:26 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (5)

This carpet is only about 5 months old, it was cleaned just over a week ago. I went there last thur and took my spot brush and some releasit in a spray bottle and went over two areas today i took this picture both spots are still clean. By the way this is a restaurant,

[Image: 620957_4002640917020_446522157_o.jpg]

So Derek Beat This!
Posted by: rlord - 07-23-2012, 01:11 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (9)

I'm out walking the dog this morning, garbage collection day and I walk by this houses container and there's a Purple Dyson Animal 17 sitting beside it. Looks perfect so I ring the doorbell and ask them the guy if he's throwing it away, and does it work. Yes their throwing it away and yes it does work perfect. The brushes are worn but that's it . I ask if he minds if I take it "not at all help yourself". Brought it home tried it out ran like a champ and sucked like crazy. Ordered the new brush $28 and it's like new.

They thought it was to aggressive on the carpet! Rick make sure Derek doesn't get my address I don't want him traveling down here picking my neighborhood Smile

Cat dander
Posted by: KennyWright - 07-23-2012, 07:33 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (3)

At the end of this week, I am cleaning a house where the people moving out have cat(s) and the lady moving in is very bothered by cat dander. What Excellent Supply products would be most effective in removing cat dander from the carpet?

Perpetual Clean Program
Posted by: Blue Ridge Floor Care - 07-21-2012, 06:14 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (6)

I'm looking through the CMS and really like the idea of the Perpetual Clean program. It seems to be a great way for customers' to keep their facilities looking good at all times, and for providing a steady income stream to the cleaner.
How many of you routinely sell this program? What level of success have you had? What type of customer/facility have you had the best luck with? How do you approach selling this program in particular?
Thanks guys!

Favourites
Posted by: Cairnswun - 07-21-2012, 12:38 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

Encapping on large commercial work, which machine do you prefer, Cimex or Sprayborg ?

My preference is definitely the Cimex.

With Big Yella, I can normally run for about an hour, sometimes up to 1.5 hours, depending on soiling and carpet, before re-filling solution tank.

With the Sprayborg and a much smaller tank, this time is down to about half an hour, or less.

I use far less solution with my Mex; than the Sprayborg, I put this down to the shower feed as opposed to the pump pushing solution out under pressure.

I also much prefer the shower feed to the jets that put small globules of solution into the air, I'm a sensitive old bloke, and don't handle chemical fumes that well anymore. Wink

Both machines are very easy to handle, but with the Mex; I can get into tighter areas than I can with the Sprayborg, this is mainly due to the placement of the solution bottle on the Sprayborg which (for me), is a severe height restriction.

I know that others can lay theirs' down pretty low, but I'm not overly confident with that.

I also feel that Big Yella is balanced better for rolling in or out of the van, especially with the long handle on the Sprayborg that is nearly as high as my van roof, which I have to lower to get in properly.

I cursed a few weeks back when I couldn't get my Mex; between the wall and a desk in a security office.

All the desks have a motion sensor on them so they can't be moved otherwise security staff are there in a matter of minutes and I get charged the call-out. Sad

Idea So for one little area, I had to go home and get my Gem, a very small, oblong plated orbital machine, (pick it up in one hand), this did the trick, and a lot easier than getting the Sprayborg, wheeling it up a busy street and then hauling it up the stairs, no lift (elevator) in this building.

Soon as I get rid of my tm, I will have my Mex; Sprayborg and Gem in the van at all times.

Each machine has it's own peculiarities, and can perform certain jobs better than the others, not one can do all and excel in every job.

What have you found, YES !!, you too Richard. Big GrinTongue

Shorty

Where did the dirt go?
Posted by: encapman - 07-20-2012, 06:16 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

A customer sent me a question today. It was a good question. In fact it's one that we hear from time to time. So I've turned that discussion into a EncapBlog post. Hope you find it interesting...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Where-di..._b_16.html

Photo 1959 Cimex Ad
Posted by: CleaningSystemsUK - 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (1)

[Image: 533445_344179675646680_2064843278_n.jpg]

Does the work of 4 men.

But needs 2 to lift it!

They obviously didnt have the Big Boy Wheel Kits then.

Got mine today (with a pallet of Releasit Wink ).

Unfortunately my engineer told me he had to go to St.Andrews to play golf so I have to wait until tomorrow for it to be fitted.

Sometimes I wonder who the boss is here!

1955 Cimex Ad
Posted by: encapman - 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

Here's an old Cimex ad from 1955...

[Image: TheGlasgowHerald-1955.jpg]

Hello Everyone
Posted by: CleaningSystemsUK - 07-18-2012, 10:47 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (6)

Hi Guys,

Jamie here. I am pleased to announce that the first UK stock of Releasit will arrive here tomorrow.
While I wait I thought you may like to see an old piece of Cimex advertising I picked up recently from January 1957.

Jamie.

[Image: 391369_387677834630197_1393834343_n.jpg]

Motion Induced Blindness
Posted by: Cairnswun - 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

This is not carpet cleaning.

I'm putting this up in the hope that it may save someone from an accident, or even worse.

I've had to shorten the message due to complexities, if anyone wants a copy, email me at:

getshortycairns@iig.com.au

Here's a brief bit.......

In
a motor
accident,
wherein a
speeding car
hits a slower
moving vehicle
coming from
the side, the
speeding car
drivers often
swear that
they just
didn't see the
vehicle coming
from the left
or right. Well,
they aren't
lying. They
really don't
see the
vehicle coming
from the side,
in spite of
broad
daylight.

This phenomenon on the car drivers' part is known as "Motion
Induced Blindness". It is unbelievable but it is true, and it is
definitely frightening. Armed forces pilots are taught about motion induced
blindness during training, because it happens faster at high speeds; and to
some extent it is applicable to car drivers also, especially the fast ones. So,
if you drive a car, . please read this carefully

This is the same demonstration that is used for trainee pilots in
classrooms before they even go near an aircraft. Just click on the link below.
You will see a revolving array of blue crosses on a black background. There is
a flashing green dot in the centre and three fixed yellow dots around it. If
you fix your gaze on the green dot for more than a few seconds, the yellow dots
will disappear at random . . . , either singly, or in pairs, or all three
together. In reality, the yellow dots are always there. Just watch the yellow
dots for some time to ensure that they don't go anywhere!

Please watch the link.

Shorty.

http://www.msf-usa.org/motion.html