Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 6,225
» Latest member: agemaagency
» Forum threads: 1,915
» Forum posts: 12,407

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 70 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 69 Guest(s)
Applebot

Latest Threads
The EncapBoard is Now Clo...
Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Last Post: encapman
12-24-2020, 04:48 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12,534
cleaning glue down carpet
11-16-2020, 03:12 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,807
7-Part Commercial Carpet ...
10-07-2020, 04:25 PM
» Views: 2,626
Releasit & Fiber pads in ...
09-22-2020, 04:26 PM
» Views: 3,661
Cleaning Solutions in hea...
08-30-2020, 09:56 PM
» Views: 4,227
ox-Erase
08-18-2020, 05:26 PM
» Views: 4,441
Noisy Cimex
07-27-2020, 06:01 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 7,981
NEW Excellent Supply Webs...
07-13-2020, 05:14 PM
» Views: 3,910
New joiners
Last Post: Lounge Lizards
04-17-2020, 05:21 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 8,306
Gecko 7-foot Extender Hos...
03-21-2020, 06:25 AM
» Views: 8,105

Hydrox as an Upholstery Cleaner
Posted by: sdills62 - 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

I cleaned some waiting room chairs in a doctor's office last week. They had heavy soil and oil accumulations on the arms and head rest area. (You could actually scrap "stuff" off the arms with your fingernails). I decided to use Hydrox as a pre spray. It worked very well on removing all the spots and broke down the oils nicely. I did cheat an use my Cyclo to scrub the material to save time. An Encap cleaning alone would not have done it on these chairs. I used my Hydro Force Hydro Kinetic upholstery to rinse. The office manager said they looked brand new to her. I like the fact that Hydrox is neutral to slightly acidic. It is becoming my standard for traditional HWE upholstery cleaning.

Hydrox as an Upholstery Cleaner
Posted by: sdills62 - 07-05-2012, 10:33 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - No Replies

I cleaned some waiting room chairs in a doctor's office last week. They had heavy soil and oil accumulations on the arms and head rest area. (You could actually scrap "stuff" off the arms with your fingernails). I decided to use Hydrox as a pre spray. It worked very well on removing all the spots and broke down the oils nicely. I did cheat an use my Cyclo to scrub the material to save time. An Encap cleaning alone would not have done it on these chairs. I used my Hydro Force Hydro Kinetic upholstery to rinse. The office manager said they looked brand new to her. I like the fact that Hydrox is neutral to slightly acidic. It is becoming my standard for traditional HWE upholstery cleaning.

Bonnet cleaning after encap??
Posted by: Jamie - 07-04-2012, 09:27 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (6)

A question from an Encap Newbie.

I have heard people discussing on various forums now about using bonnet cleaning after Encap & observing a lot of soil transfer from the still damp carpet onto the bonnets and because of that choosing to use a post-bonnet cleaning system to improve the look & remove soils.

My observation and therefore question is this: The true Encap process does not kick in until the carpet has dried and the polymer encased dirt becomes a crystal. At which point it is vacuumed away after 24 hours (more often than not with routine vacuuming) long after the carpet is dry. That's how the soiling is removed from the carpet in the Encap process (Gee I hope I got that bit right cause my next point may make me look like a boofhead if I'm not)

Why then do I read about guys who are surprised by the soil transfer after a post-bonneting (if that's a word?) what they have just encapped when the carpet is still damp. I would have thought this to be a certainty until the carpet is dry and the dirt is crystalized. In fact aren't you also removing valuable Encap solution that you have just agitated into the carpet in the hope that it will crystalize.

So finally my question: Is post-bonneting after Encap just a waste of time & Solution & does it actually impede the Encap process by removing solution in it's wet state or does it really help.

As mentioned above this is just an observation and I have minimal Encap time under my belt so be kind if I'm incorrect.

Cheers
Jamie

Spambots
Posted by: Blue Ridge Floor Care - 07-03-2012, 07:44 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (9)

This forum seems to be being invaded by SpamBots. Is anything being done to fix it?

175 vs Cimex
Posted by: Blue Ridge Floor Care - 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (2)

For you guys that were encapping with a 175 and then transitioned to a Cimex; how much of a difference was there in the quality of your work with the Cimex vs the 175?

Fibre Plus pads - how to tell when to replace and how to clean
Posted by: cammo54 - 07-01-2012, 08:50 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (1)

Hi all,
Firstly thanks for a great informative forum. I hope to not only learn what I can, but also pass on my experience and opinions where necessary.
I have recently changed to Releasit DS and Fibreplus pads and am very happy with what I am seeing. My question is, how can you tell when a pad needs replacing (can the thickness eg 10mm be a guide) and what is the best method of cleaning at the end of the day (I currently hose the pad off and remove as much as I can)?
Thanks
Cammo

Is the Cimex any good ???
Posted by: Cairnswun - 06-30-2012, 07:11 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (7)

You be the judge, not sure if I posted this before.

I did this about three months ago, had to go back again last week-end and it was just as bad again.

Truck sales yard where the mechanics continually walk in and out of the workshop into the reception area and offices.

[Image: 6Atherton100.jpg]

The manager has had it steam cleaned in the past by a dozen different cleaners, none could ever get it like this.

So he just wants me to carry on doing it every three months.

I said it really needs to be flushed but he won't have it.

Happy to pay me $450.00 every three months for two hours work. Cool

Some days I feel like the pigeon, other days, I feel like the statue.

Cairnswun

Photo Thanks from Down Under
Posted by: Jamie - 06-29-2012, 08:39 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (7)

Hi there guys,

I am a newbie to this forum and I would like to say a "Huge" thank you to all of those who have contributed to this great forum and provided such valuable and useful information. It is a huge credit to you all.

I would like to say a special thank you to Rick for creating such a great resource. But creating a resource is one thing, taking the time to actually actively contribute & maintain it to the level that you do is what makes it an exceptional resource. I don't know you personally but your enthusiasm for our industry appears to be 2nd to none.

I would also like to say a very big thank you to Shorty whose contribution of his many years of
industry experience & sense of humor while delivering it not only makes for great reading but his information is always relevant & concise. Your generosity in providing your experience is one of the biggest things that sets you apart. Without blowing too much smoke up your ar#% you have inspired me.

Just a bit about me. I entered this great industry just under 12 months ago and have been doing residential until now and I couldn't be happier with the progression so far but it is time for me to now seek out commercial work (I plan on buying a Cimex within 2 months & using Rick's chemicals). I spent approx 15 years in corporate sales & marketing roles which has been a huge benefit in starting my business. I was over the whole corporate scene & started my own small commercial cleaning company which was also great for the years that I did it. I have just spent the last few years managing my father's retail carpet Store where they had a huge focus on commercial installations so this was fantastic for learning about commercial carpet & VCT (not so much the cleaning but understanding fibers, install, manufacturers, problems & solutions etc etc etc. My father has decided to retire after 40+ years in the carpet game & is selling up for retirement. So here I am in the carpet cleaning game & loving it.

So I will end this essay now by saying thank you to you guys & I hope I can be a contributor to this great & friendly forum.

Cheers from Down Under.

Jamie

Rain
Posted by: rlord - 06-24-2012, 11:06 PM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (7)

Rick how's it going where your at as far the rain goes? Hope all is well!

Residental Carpet Cleaning with 175 Buffer
Posted by: randyb4269 - 06-24-2012, 11:59 AM - Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION - Replies (31)

For the past six or so years, I have been cleaning commercial carpet with my Cimex and happy with my results using it with Rick's chemicals. However, prior to this I was a HWE residential and am looking to encap some residential customers. I have a Betco 17" 175 rpm buffer that I am thinking about using in the residential market.

Now to my questions. To the board members encaping with low speed floor buffers. Do you spray your chemicals down and run no chemical through your solution tank or not? Do you scrub with a Fiberplus pad or a true carpet brush and follow up with tuway pads/microfiber pads. If you follow up with pads are they wet or dry.

Just not sure of what is the best solution to residential! Your input will be greatly appreciated!!